Natural Stuff

tigerbeer

Looking for things like shampoo, conditioners, body lotions, bath foams all made naturally from plants and herbs. there was a post by juniorexpat on aromatheraphy products but don't think it covers the items that i am looking for. any leads in chiang mai?

Looking for things like shampoo, conditioners, body lotions, bath foams all made naturally from plants and herbs. there was a post by juniorexpat on aromatheraphy products but don't think it covers the items that i am looking for. any leads in chiang mai?

As I mentioned in that other thread, Arun Thai have only all-natural plant-based products - and including all the items you list. They sell from a stall at the Night Bazaar every night on the west side of Chang Klan about 100 yards along from Sri Dornchai.

My first cross-reference - excellent!

TB - if you make a list of the places recommended in response to my question I am pretty sure, from an albeit damaged memory, that those places held a stock of some of the products that you are talking about.

Alternatively at the commerical end of the scale there is the Body Shop of which there is one in Airport Plaza and at the grassroots end of the scale there are many, many traditional versions on your theme available from most Thai grandmothers and at Kad luang etc.

Boots might also be worth a shot.

JxP

shampoo, conditioners, body lotions - from my understanding - all this is alot of chemical product ,

Well conditioner - i know indian use coconut or olive oil . for their hair - and some old guy age 50-60 still have dark black hair .But the down side is you will smell like a coconiut -There is this plant call aloe vera is very good for the skin .. you can get it from the local market , i sboth good for skin and if you cook it with sugar and keep it in your freezer it would taste really good and chilling for this hot season .

Shampoo -- if i reclal correctly - using TEA and the remaining o fthe Tea left to rub your hair will do something i forget .

My grandmother used to do it . Once a month you might wnana crack maybe 2 egg on your hair . Egg help to keep something also i forget what but is good i try it a few time before now my hair grow very fast whhahaa

- Sea salt is good for the skin but not too much ..

alot of the Slat scrub sold is rally just normal salt added with color and smell .. so check carfull before you buy , some is bad for your skin ..

sun light is very good for the skin . but you got to apply sun screen to protect from the UV .

you get Vitamin D i think from sunlight .

My mother Study chinese herbal .. plant and my auntie is Professional in Chinese medication . she study in china for like 30 years . now working for one of the biggest chinese hospital in SIngapore - she got some kinda life time contract

My mom cook some of the plant she found in chiangmai - and a few time it help me cure some of my problem .

There is this strange grass she make me drink .. and make my fart smell like a dead animal .

but usually after a day or two i will feel very rerfresh and as if it cleanse my digestive system .

There is this Yellow power graind from tree bark used by the burma girl .

you can try to get it is really natural and is very very good for the skin

god luck .

One advice on herbal . and all kinda drug , vutamim , suppliment and any type of good or healing product -

TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS ALWAY BAD - MODERATE usage plus alot or body workout - is the best

easy to say hard to do :o wish you the best .

haven't been there in over a year so don't know if it's still there, but there was a shop on the downstairs and outside of suriwong book center that sold all sorts of natural products.

there's other more expensive stuff in the northern village at airport plaza. Went for a tour of a factory in Mae Rim and got some free stuff.

I'm assuming this is for export and not for personal use, right? Cus you could always make your own if it was just for you and the fam.

Cheers,

TT

Aden on Nimmenhemin Rd sells all of the above and more. Coming from Huay Kaew Rd its about half way down on your right. It's next to where Mikes Burgers used to be.

AE. these people are local as in chiang mai only or nationwide? cause do not want to expensive premium price stuff.

Steve2UK, they only come out at night??? or they are open during the day as well??? hate going to NB area at nights.

TA22

thanks for your helpful insides into the world of natural products. will keep it in mind. btw how much you selling your vespa for?

JxP cheers ! but i want local stuff ... cause cheaper? :o and most importantly customisable.

too true yes its for export. also sent you a PM to know about this particular factory in mae rim.

Aden on Nimmenhemin Rd sells all of the above and more. Coming from Huay Kaew Rd its about half way down on your right. It's next to where Mikes Burgers used to be.

AE. these people are local as in chiang mai only or nationwide? cause do not want to expensive premium price stuff.

Steve2UK, they only come out at night??? or they are open during the day as well??? hate going to NB area at nights.

TA22

thanks for your helpful insides into the world of natural products. will keep it in mind. btw how much you selling your vespa for?

JxP cheers ! but i want local stuff ... cause cheaper? :o and most importantly customisable.

too true yes its for export. also sent you a PM to know about this particular factory in mae rim.

www.sabu-sabu.com

JxP

They are local people with (mostly) local products. The prices are very reasonable. Go and have a look.

I would love a small bottle of Lemon Myrtle Perfume. Can get it in Thailand? My current bottle(bought QLD Australia) is running out. Love the smell. It cost me $60! But lost the webiste I bought it from. 3 years ago now. Please help! :o

Until recently, they were also selling during the day from the Vitality Zone Juice Bar at Wat Phra Singh, but they have now closed that place to concentrate on the Arun Thai Natural products for local sale and export. I'll PM you with the phone numbers for Marieke (Australian/Dutch lady who runs Arun Thai Natural with her Thai husband) and she can tell you more - maybe you can go to their place in the daytime and check out/get what you want.

Incidentally, she mentioned to me that Arun Thai don't and won't sell a bath foam because the foaming agent can only be a fairly nasty chemical. The message from this is that people who will sell you a "natural" bath foam are being a bit loose with the truth - and if they'll do that with one product line it should make you wonder just how authentic/natural their other products are.................. :o:D

As Austhaied mentioned Aden. There are two Adens in Chiang Mai. The one mentioned and I forget the other one. Aden is a nationwide chain, where people own them per province. Ie different owners in Chiang Mai than in Phuket. On a side note, I lived with the owners of Aden for 3+ months as an exchange program, great family and they have a nice selection as well.