Harris goes after Biden on race in U.S. presidential debate

rooster59

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Fake news? No. Mainstream FACT BASED media. 

So an "illegal alien" presents at a hospital bleeding out. 
What are you suggesting? Screen his papers first before saving her life?

What if the illegal alien is a middle aged heterosexual white man from Norway?

The hospital is obliged only to provide first aid to save life. They do not have to provide on going care, unless the patient can pay for it.

Same as in Thailand, I believe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roobaa01 said:

live from florida yesterday tucker carlson, fox and friends everybody could watch it and millions did, the dems are finished with that hand raising yes stunt on free health care for illegal aliens. california has already introduced that idioacy as additional burden to the us tax payer.

wbr

roobaa01

People that follow that horrible person Tucker are already "trump" fans. He converts nobody just as "trump" has done nothing to build his core base and never will. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

People that follow that horrible person Tucker are already "trump" fans. He converts nobody just as "trump" has done nothing to build his core base and never will. 

????

Why is Tucker horrible? Apart from having a permanently puzzled expression he is an opinion show host.

He's just presenting an entertainment show to make money, and I doubt his mission is to "convert" anyone. 

I watched his show most mornings when I was living in Chiang Mai, and it was indeed quite entertaining.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Biden’s done.

Not quite yet but he's been damaged. Not so much that his defense was wrong, more about how it's been revealed that he is not up to his previous game. He'll need some kind of dramatically positive performance to prove otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Fake news? No. Mainstream FACT BASED media. 

So an "illegal alien" presents at a hospital bleeding out. 
What are you suggesting? Screen his papers first before saving her life?

What if the illegal alien is a middle aged heterosexual white man from Norway?

That situation is already covered right now and you know it. Nobody gets turned away from hospitals in the USA and are left to die. Why do libs have to evoke emotion and hyperbole? 

That aside, that’s not what they are campaigning for. They are campaigning for healthcare for illegal immigrants for crying out loud. Billions and billions of taxpayer dollars going to people who cheat the system while actual citizens have been getting screwed their entire lives up to and including Obamacare.  

An absolute joke of an opinion and a kick in the face to the citizens of the country. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

That is not a fact. That is a deluded opinion coming from someone who is just as divisive as the people he hates and wants to get rid of. 

Look at the white vote in the 2016 election, including women, and come back to me with your argument that white nationalism was not a major factor in the demagogue's support.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

That situation is already covered right now and you know it. Nobody gets turned away from hospitals in the USA and are left to die. Why do libs have to evoke emotion and hyperbole? 

That aside, that’s not what they are campaigning for. They are campaigning for healthcare for illegal immigrants for crying out loud. Billions and billions of taxpayer dollars going to people who cheat the system while actual citizens have been getting screwed their entire lives up to and including Obamacare.  

An absolute joke of an opinion and a kick in the face to the citizens of the country. 

The details of any health plan that the democrats might actually support, for both citizens and non-citizens, isn't anywhere near any kind of clarity. The democrats aren't even close to picking a nominee yet. Wait until the general election to get into such details. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

The details of any health plan that the democrats might actually support, for both citizens and non-citizens, isn't anywhere near any kind of clarity. The democrats aren't even close to picking a nominee yet. Wait until the general election to get into such details. 

They ALL raised their hands, in unison. You trying to play it down after the fact is laughable. 

And why the hell should lifelong taxpayers foot the bill for illegal aliens. It’s by far one of the most infuriating of their open borders policies, and a position most of the electorate scoffs at. 

No rational person with an actual income who pays actual taxes would vote to pay more so illegal aliens can enjoy luxuries none of us have. 

The Democrat Party is an unrecognizable abomination of what it once was - The party of the working man - and it’s a crying shame.  

• Thanks 2

Look at the white vote in the 2016 election, including women, and come back to me with your argument that white nationalism was not a major factor in the demagogue's support.

Yeah, white people are so horrible. Voting for what’s best for them... How dare they. 

Let’s just open the borders and nullify them. That’ll teach em. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yeah, sod the idea of choosing the best candidate. Got to be female, black, preferably muslim, lesbian or possible transgender; vegan preferred.

Who is best doesn't necessarily get the job. Is Trump the best the US has got?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

I watched it. Joe handled it well. Squashed it. Did not make apologies, nor excuses. Let his record speak for itself. 

Yeah the record does speak for itself -- of him saying My Time Is Up that will be unapologetically used again and again in campaign videos by "trump" should Biden be nominated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Actually the ‘voters’ didn’t.

That was ‘the electoral college’.

Yeah and that’s the way the game is played. I have no idea why you guys keep crying about that. It’s an insignificant anecdote. 

You dont know how many Repubs sat at home and didn’t vote because they reside in an extremely blue state just like you don’t know how many Dems sat at home in red states. You’re judging the outcome of a race based on rules you made up in that noggin of yours. 

• Like 2

Just now, porphyry said:

The Democrats’ radicalism is certainly a political mistake that gives Trump ample fodder for next year election cycle. Can the loony Democrats crawl any further out on the limb- I expect they will.

Anyone saying "the loony Democrats" is not in the class of people that would ever support any democrat anyway. A lot of so called radical ideas (such as universal health care access) are a LOT more popular than you think. 

It is looking more and more likely that Biden just does not have the energy, fire in his belly, stamina, or fight in him, for this battle. Same goes for Bernie. My guess is it will come down to either Harris or Warren. Even though I disagreed with so many policies that Harris enforced as district attorney in SF, and as AG in California, she is seasoned, very smart, and could probably wipe Trump off the stage in the debate. He does not do well with older, smart women. Pelosi has made him look like a fool on countless occasions, and my guess is Harris would do the same. She very well could be the next US president. She is relatively moderate, and could appeal to centrist voters, like me. I sure hope it is not Warren, that ends up getting chosen. I like Pete, but do not think he has much of a shot. Though the prospect of a gay US president is fun, fun, fun. Talk about wearing out the Christians! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is looking more and more likely that Biden just does not have the energy, fire in his belly, stamina, or fight in him, for this battle. Same goes for Bernie. My guess is it will come down to either Harris or Warren. Even though I disagreed with so many policies that Harris enforced as district attorney in SF, and as AG in California, she is seasoned, very smart, and could probably wipe Trump off the stage in the debate. He does not do well with older, smart women. Pelosi has made him look like a fool on countless occasions, and my guess is Harris would do the same. She very well could be the next US president. She is relatively moderate, and could appeal to centrist voters, like me. I sure hope it is not Warren, that ends up getting chosen. I like Pete, but do not think he has much of a shot. Though the prospect of a gay US president is fun, fun, fun. Talk about wearing out the Christians! 

It's way early but that makes great sense for where we're at now. Its going to be dynamic for quite a while going forward though. I read a good suggestion for tickets.

Harris Buttigeig

Harris Castro

Both of those VPs have positives and negatives but both seem from central casting for VP rather than the top.

A Pence Buttigeig VP debate, the battle of Indiana, would be delightful though.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app