Dipped under 400k. What happens now?

Whether it is a marriage extension or a retirement extension, I don't understand the decision to deposit the exact minimum amount whether it is 400,000 or 800,000 or 65,000. It never occurs to these people to buffer their bank account to cover fees and exchange rates? Keep a little extra in the account on top of what is required if it is at all important to you to stay here.

2 hours ago, Martyp said:

Whether it is a marriage extension or a retirement extension, I don't understand the decision to deposit the exact minimum amount whether it is 400,000 or 800,000 or 65,000. It never occurs to these people to buffer their bank account to cover fees and exchange rates? Keep a little extra in the account on top of what is required if it is at all important to you to stay here.

Yes, thanks for stating the bleeding obvious :whistling:

Everyone is smart after the event. It never occurred to me or my wife that the bank would charge 250 baht for a savings account ATM card.

Day-to-to day she lives on her salary and I draw funds from my UK bank account.

RAZZ

• Like 1

Should be the last question - I promise :wai:

With regards to the photos of us around the house etc

How many and what size?

Is it two copies and can they just be arranged on an A4 bit of paper and say four pics to a page?

RAZZ

On 6/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, lamyai3 said:

Should serve as a cautionary warning to others anyway to allow a small amount as a buffer zone.

Surprisingly, There are still a lot of poeple that don´t care about a buffer zone, even if you actually need in all areas of life.

To OP: I wouldn´t worry to much. I do actually think they will take your explaination if you don´t get a very bad one one the worst day ever. Otherwise, Like Joe says, a 60 day ext.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

With regards to the photos of us around the house etc

How many and what size?

Is it two copies and can they just be arranged on an A4 bit of paper and say four pics to a page?

The number of photos needed varies by office. Basic is a total of 4. Two inside the house. One outside the house with the house number shown. One from the street showing house.

You can print them on sheet of A4 paper (I do mine on photo paper since they look better). Four on a sheet might be a little small. I print mine two per sheet (5 X 7").

• Like 1

Hello,

why not shoot these photos in a store, like KODAK or CAMERA.
Once the photos are taken with your camera, you choose the desired size and number.
It will not cost you more and you will not empty your cartridges.

27 minutes ago, sirocco said:

It will not cost you more and you will not empty your cartridges.

Printing 8 pics on 4 sheets of photo paper certainly does not empty my ink cartridge.

Same for new pics for the TM7 forms.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The number of photos needed varies by office. Basic is a total of 4. Two inside the house. One outside the house with the house number shown. One from the street showing house.

You can print them on sheet of A4 paper (I do mine on photo paper since they look better). Four on a sheet might be a little small. I print mine two per sheet (5 X 7").

Do you need two sets of "house/couple" photos or just two headshots of me?

RAZZ

1 minute ago, RAZZELL said:

Do you need two sets of "house/couple" photos or just two headshots of me?

I think I forgot you are doing your application at Chaeng Wattana when I did my post. If correct you only need one set of copies and pics.

The photos have to include you both in every one of them but the photo of the house from the street.

You need one 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 form.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think I forgot you are doing your application at Chaeng Wattana when I did my post. If correct you only need one set of copies and pics.

The photos have to include you both in every one of them but the photo of the house from the street.

You need one 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 form.

I am actually going to Samut Prakan.

And the passport type headshot, only one or two?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

2 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

And the passport type headshot, only one or two?

You will need two of everything including two TM7 forms that will each require a photo to be attached to them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, khastan said:

For information and in case it is useful you now need at Nong Khai a photo of yourself in the bedroom also for an extension for retirement!

We've done that - I'm not sure whether we look hilarious or ridiculous! ????

RAZZ

RAZZELL Posted 1 hour ago

We've done that - I'm not sure whether we look hilarious or ridiculous! ????
I would go for the latter in my case! They also copied every page of my bank book going back to 2007. Why they did this is a complete mystery to me has I provided two Bangkok Bank letter has stipulated.
Posted 1 hour ago

• Like 1

Bit of a mission but a month's stamp in the passport and "under consideration" etc

If anyone needs or wants more info I can add some.

Thanks to all those who gave me some advice :wai:

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Bit of a mission but a month's stamp in the passport and "under consideration" etc

RAZZ
The obvious question is, how about it dipping below the 400k?
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
29 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

RAZZ

The obvious question is, how about it dipping below the 400k?

Yep, the Officer at the front desk spotted it. 

She went to her supervisor, a "super model" looking type in her 40s - when she read the statement and my wife explained that it was not a "withdrawal" per se but a "deduction" by the bank for bank ATM charges etc and it was replaced/topped up immediately she nodded and said under "exceptional circumstances" blah blah blah and it was fine.

Anyway, I found all the Immigration staff, professional, thorough, reasonably "smiley" but definitely "no nonsense" types.

Be prepared and take a bag with everything but the kitchen sink in it just in case.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A little update:

A couple of weeks ago immigration called my wife saying they were going to visit us.

I was in Bangkok with her on the way to her work (to get me out of the house).

I turned around and they called her again to cancel as they said I would take too long to get back.

They phoned later that day and arranged to come on the Friday.

Turned up around 9-9.30am all very professional, didn't want a tea, coffee or water. Had a laugh about something, asked about football etc etc.

Checked my passport, (I'm assuming looking at my visa entry stamps), asked about how much the original Non-O cost in the UK ("paeng" they said) had a nose about the house, took photos with them in the same places as my photos I'd submitted. Got a signature from head of security at the village and photos of him and me.

All done in half an hour or so. I found them pleasant and professional.

Last week, got a call to go back to Samut Prakan with my updated bank book. Jumped on the BTS, walked to the bank and put 1000 in and got it updated. (Then photocopied it as I guess they would ask for them - and I was right they did)

Walked back to Immigration, waited and shortly after lunch was seen by I think the number 3, asked about the withdrawal, pointed to the Supermodel (I think Number 2) she nodded and he said "Ok, come back next week."

So on Wednesday I have to go to see if it's all sorted.

I guess the outcomes would be:

1) All approved and get the stamp.

2) Still under consideration (not finished yet) and get another extension?

3) Refused and get some sort of extension (?).

Without going back and adding it up, by now I am only around 14 (?) days off the money being "seasoned" for the two months again.

Finally, is it ok to go on my own as my Mrs has a work meeting and can't get the time off?

How early do you have to get to Samut Prakan to be first in the queue?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did they comment on the balance dropping below 400k?

As I mentioned earlier in the thread - when I originally applied I was pulled up straight away by the IO at the desk.

She referred the matter to a more Senior Officer sitting behind - you can't miss her - she sits behind the counter at the desk to the right at Samat Prakan and looks like a 40 year-old Thai supermodel ????.

After my wife explained what had happened - she agreed that it was not a "withdrawal" but a bank charge that was rectified straight away and that she would let it go this time under "exceptional circumstances" and I'm guessing because it is my first extension.

When they called me in a week ago to check my bank book again, a more senior officer saw it immediately (the guy behind the counter to the left). I pointed to the female officer next to him who had said it was ok and she again nodded that it was to be passed.

I think I got a bit lucky this time, but lesson learnt. 

Without brown nosing I think the IO's are ok at Samut Prakan.

If you dot the "i's" and cross the "t's" no problems.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 3:28 PM, RAZZELL said:

I went into the bank to start preparing and they made up my bank book.

When I got it back they had deducted 400 baht for the yearly ATM charged - which took me down to 399,600!

Fairly foolish to have exactly 400k in the first place with no margin for error.

Why didn't you put in 410k in the first place?

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Fairly foolish to have exactly 400k in the first place with no margin for error.

Why didn't you put in 410k in the first place?

Yes, thanks for the wise words :whistling::wai:

????

????

????

Already had these comments 7 pages ago! Didn't know there was an ATM charge and being a savings account with no transactions I didn't think there would be any fees.

Others might not be so lucky so I would advise them to put a few more baht in.

Lesson learnt. Anyway...still got the extension ????

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 2