Thailand's tourism boom is slowing down

webfact

Tourist numbers expected to slow

By The Nation

17c58c163501a7c57d69a24dfd84860f.jpg

FILE photo

The number of foreign tourists in the second half of this year will increase only 1.6 per cent or by 20.1 million when compared to the first half of this year, which saw a total 19.7 million of foreign visitor arrivals, according to research released by by Kasikorn Research Centre on Friday.

The research estimates the number of foreign tourists at between 39 million and 39.8 million at the end of this year, a rise of between two per cent and four per cent over 2018.

“Based on income in 2018, we estimate foreign tourists will spend up to Bt1.97 trillion this year, the research said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Tourism/30372030

thenation_logo.jpg

47 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If all the beaches were that crowded people might think twice about visiting. 

Love the shot of the guy on far left catching an eyeful though. 

One day I went to the Similan it was like that

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

One day I went to the Similan it was like that

i think every 'organized' boat tour i've ever been on has been like that

now if i'm flush i hire private - its affordable if i round up some mates to chip in with

"over there captain.. that beach! get the bbq out"

Seems to be really bad this year - a friend of mine who is running a restaurant here since 10 years says it has never been so bad. Not only few tourists but also expats tightening their belt and go out less because of the strong Baht.
Thought he was exaggerating but then I was shocked when he gave me some numbers compared to previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Yep, saw him. Did you also catch the blue hat girl in the middle pulling her pink shorts out of her crack? Never know if you will end up on an internet photo.

Such attention to detail!

• Like 1

This picture would make a good jigsaw.

Now, as any experienced person knows , when doing a jigsaw you always sort out the edge pieces first . One of the edge pieces here would be a set of knockers.

17c58c163501a7c57d69a24dfd84860f.jpg.c078004faceba1f7a7e9ae0fbc33fee6.jpg

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

What is the activity here, standing on the beach looking at the crowd?

I think the most fun can be had by barreling back and forth in the sea of Chinese, bowling ball style. Strike!

• Haha 2

The mist of illusion, which dominates so many aspects hereabouts , is starting to clear. Instant news and the internet cannot be covered up by photo ops and flashy promotions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The research estimates the number of foreign tourists at between 39 million and 39.8 million at the end of this year, a rise of between two per cent and four per cent over 2018.

and here we go again with TAT fake numbers and estimates..... what research are they talking about and who did the research, TAT?  if the baht keeps at its current levels they should expect a much bigger drop not increase

• Like 1