Thailand's tourism boom is slowing down

webfact

What!!!  Really?  Shock?  Tourist numbers decreasing, you mean like all the road fatalities, CM smog, polluted beaches, and mafia like immigration that thais are so deeply concerned about.  Ah, right, ok! Sure! I'm sure Thais are deeply concerned, and I walk on water....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

If all the beaches were that crowded people might think twice about visiting. 

Love the shot of the guy on far left catching an eyeful though. 

I noticed that also - I'd gerfurgle it as well!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well if tourism  boom is slowing down, the girls in Pattaya will not be happy, because the boom boom will be slowing down as well.:cheesy:????

You obviously don't keep up with the news!

There is no prostitution in Pattaya - - - (cough cough)

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

BoT has to decide—save the foreign tourist  industry, and their export industry—or keep accepting these mysterious “foreign inflows”.

What can the BOT do about tourism or exports?  New super powers that were never there before?

1 hour ago, chama said:

Thailand has viewed tourism like it would never end, a present from the gods to be taken advantage of at every opportunity. While the cultural sites and the Kingdoms natural beauty remains a draw the nasty beaches, double standards, corruption, and now, political unrest, tourist around the world are starting to rethink Thailand as a vacation destination.  

If tourism goes down for 2 or 3 years in a row you might have a point.  But if the guys who say all the Chinese come on zero tours it will have no effect at all.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Yep, saw him. Did you also catch the blue hat girl in the middle pulling her pink shorts out of her crack? Never know if you will end up on an internet photo.

Well, she could be checking that last gas she let out. I know I do once in a while. ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Yep, saw him. Did you also catch the blue hat girl in the middle pulling her pink shorts out of her crack? Never know if you will end up on an internet photo.

Yes indeed. Perhaps she had a "Bit of dirt in her eye" (UK expression) 

• Haha 1

Never saw that coming. I always thought tourists loved being ripped off at every corner, charged double, beaten up, robbed, raped, killed on zip lines, involved in bus and van crashes, and being treated like criminals with visa regulations.

No idea why many don’t return.

Vietnam has a 5% return rate for tourists. Thailand will get there if she tries a little harder and kills a few more.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Never saw that coming. I always thought tourists loved being ripped off at every corner, charged double, beaten up, robbed, raped, killed on zip lines, involved in bus and van crashes, and being treated like criminals with visa regulations.

No idea why many don’t return.

Vietnam has a 5% return rate for tourists. Thailand will get there if she tries a little harder and kills a few more.

Safer than Hong Kong right now.  

12 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I wonder why images like the OP pic are not publicized in TAT's brochures and commercials. All I ever see are entirely deserted stretches of glistening, pristine beaches with not a single empty beer bottle or discarded plastic bag washed up by the waves in sight.

Not a used condom in sight .

Well done TAT.  Welcome to Thailand, we enjoy spending your money..555

Edited by elliss
spelling

3 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

You obviously don't keep up with the news!

There is no prostitution in Pattaya - - - (cough cough)

The rubber industry , is flourishing in the kingdom.

Recycle a condom every day  , make a tyre ,  and call it a Good Year ..

Edited by elliss

When I read the comments it sounds if the number of tourists is going down. But no, the article says that there are coming more. As written in the article too, some hundred thousand more tourists are coming. 

I think Thailand really needs to reconsider the country's strategy with regards to tourism. Those numbers aren't sustainable, and it's hard to imagine that those who are in the eye of the mass tourism storm are having an enjoyable time. Less is more, seriously.

I am literally thinking of leaving Thailand for a few months simply because it's getting harder to justify Bangkok's overpricing and the inflated baht making it worse. A bottle of Belvedere in a Bangkok nightclub is $164 - same bottle in Angeles city is $88. Food is similarly half-priced.

The only thing keeping me here were good friends, but they are leaving for greener pastures too, so I'm thinking of following.

7 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

What can the BOT do about tourism or exports?  New super powers that were never there before?

Simple. Sell Baht buy dollars. Instead of what they are currently doing of Buy Baht Sell dollars I.e propping up the baht at inflated levels. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well if tourism  boom is slowing down, the girls in Pattaya will not be happy, because the boom boom will be slowing down as well.:cheesy:????

Why do you think all the Thai girls are leaving for Singapore, Korea, Japan ???

Too many bars here not enough punters, Thailand has finally shot itself in the foot.

Road safety, boat safety, pollution, violence, rip-offs, double pricing, politics, dwindling exchange rate

price hikes in Thailand.. just to name a few reasons.

If tourism flops here so will the economy, this is the time when the government should be looking inwards at new trade and commerce incentives, not flogging the old sex trade stand-by for income.

But there's the catch, we don't have a government that knows how to run a country economically.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I wonder why images like the OP pic are not publicized in TAT's brochures and commercials. All I ever see are entirely deserted stretches of glistening, pristine beaches with not a single empty beer bottle or discarded plastic bag washed up by the waves in sight.

Dont forget the dogs and their shit

Edited by Chazar

On 7/1/2019 at 6:20 AM, colinneil said:

But that gives us a bit of hope that some will return to Udon and hopefully replace the Lady Boys working in the stores that seem to be proliferating quicker than a virus on a pc. ????????

• Haha 1