New BMW’s for Police/Immigration

MrJ

Seen such months ago at the KK office.

Even after getting close to that thingy on the roof, I am not sure what it is.

From Feb 2019:

190221102430.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Saw one in Bang Saray last week, very smart and it was in western (UK) livery, not the one shown here. No more being chased down on the motorway by a 10 year old brown pick up. I notice that the Royal Thai Navy Police around the Sattahip Base have been driving such cars for a couple of years.  I guess that they get priority nowadays

Edited by Pilotman

And not one, single police patrol car in Pattaya to enforce traffic laws or respond to calls for service. Then there are police pickup trucks that seem to do nothing more than drive around with emergency lights flashing for whatever reason.  Sedans seem to be reserved for the brass, whilst the ordinary drones drive pickups. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

wow.  BMWs.  What a waste of money for a small town police force that covers only a few square miles.  Do they pay those high import tarrifs on these cars?  Are they considered luxury imports?

Probably assembled at the Thailand BMW facility at Rayong 

18 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

wow.  BMWs.  What a waste of money for a small town police force that covers only a few square miles.  Do they pay those high import tarrifs on these cars?  Are they considered luxury imports?

Considering the RTP are part of the government why would they pay the import tarrifs ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SteveK said:

I thought they were the new GT4000s - the infamous new facial recognition devices which can detect anyone with criminal convictions, anyone without the correct visa, or anyone from Africa.

And if spots one, it can shoot them straight away - and effectively put a hole in one.