Prawit says he's had enough as defence minister

snoop1130

He said he wants to spend more time with his ~Time and Motion~ studies and with his watches as they have been neglected recently. When asked about his future plans he said he planned too visit some garages that were selling time pieces for a staggering 100 bts!

12 hours ago, monkfish said:

Normally don't MP's get Minister jobs as to be accountable in Parliament?

Good question.

The answer is Yes and No.

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Thailand

• Members of the Cabinet, unlike the prime minister, do not need to be a member of the House of Representatives.
  • Ministers of State are in theory appointed by the king, however in truth they are appointed at the advice of the prime minister to the king.
  • Each minister is responsible for his actions and the actions of his department and is therefore accountable to the national assembly who can compel the minister to appear before it and explain his actions.
  • The House of Representatives and the Senate can forcefully remove a sitting minister a simple majority with a vote of no confidence that requires a one-sixth of the chamber vote.
  • A minister can also be removed by the king on the advice of the prime minister.

As the Senate is firmly pro-military, no Cabinet member is likely to be held accountable unless Prayut permits it.

So while Prawit says he's leaving the Defense Minister position he could still remain a Cabinet member, ie., a deputy prime minister that he also currently holds or advisor in the Office of the Prime Minister (the latter typically a position Prayut assigns to high-profile senior managers that he has forcibly removed from their posts such as Pol Lt Gen Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn - considered an inactive but compensated position).

General "Watchman", finally I can agree with you on something, I've had enough of you as well. You've been a disgrace to your country and I doubt that you will be missed by many. "Enjoy your retirement while it lasts", that's the nicest thing I can say.

Maybe he is angeling to be moved to a more lucrative posting but I am having difficulty thinking of one that would be more lucrative and within his skillset. That said maybe he just wants to enjoy his spoils from the feed trough and give another General a turn at the trough.  

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prawit says he's had enough as defence minister

That's a relief...…………..hang on a minute.....

Deputy Prime Minister and National Security Minister???

paw.jpg

23 hours ago, PatOngo said:

That's a relief...…………..hang on a minute.....

Deputy Prime Minister and National Security Minister???

paw.jpg

with so much work & responsibilities  one has to wonder how can he not lose weight