Why I'm not accepted everywhere as a retired tourist to buy a government low price bus ticket?

Alfa

Play the part ,  watch you tube .

Adopt  a  limp ,  works wonders , for discount, flights/ wheelchair priority  etc .

I was on mobility in the UK , for all my non working life. No qualifications..

Thx UK taxpayers, where ever you are.. 555

Edited by elliss
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, elliss said:

Play the part ,  watch you tube .

Adopt  a  limp ,  works wonders , for discount, flights/ wheelchair priority  etc .

I was on mobility in the UK , for all my non working life. No qualifications..

Thx UK taxpayers, where ever you are.. 555

Seriously....I always wondered why so many people in Thailand, male and female, Thai and Farang....were such bad walkers, so many people have limps...I think you've just "cracked it" for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

Senior ticket on Skytrain: only for Thai National Only 

Senior ticket on metro ( underground ) :Thai and non -Thai can buy them.

It seem there is no clear policy emplemented by the government for senior that are not Thai National.

Yes. I was able to get a senior fare card with MRT.

• Like 2

Why lie about it you got one discount ticket. Your time and energy must be worth something to you but nah Ill waste my time bugging people. My wife got made one time because I got a discount at the Royal Floral Show in CM and she could not get one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cnx355 said:

It seem there is no clear policy emplemented by the government for senior that are not Thai National.

no good if one wants to go by bus....as the original poster indicates????!!

• Haha 1

If you have a yellow house book you should have got a pink ID card with it I use this card all the time for ferry trips and so on and always pay a reduced price . It maybe worth getting one if you use the bus a lot 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

You are not a local. You are here to spend your money, not get discounts, that's how the system is here for expats. Quite right too

I just checked the public transport discounts in Australian cities. Residents yes, tourists no

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

If you have a yellow house book you should have got a pink ID card with it I use this card all the time for ferry trips and so on and always pay a reduced price . It maybe worth getting one if you use the bus a lot 

But you shouldn't NEED to, should you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cnx355 said:

They are both private companies, so can do whatever they like (almost) unless the govt was to bring in an actual law governing this.

I was at the Khon Kaen zoo once, where they had a big sign in Thai and English for the admission prices. It clearly said, in perfect English, people over 60 half price .....but when I asked for that discount it’s “no, Thais only”  Then why the heck have a big sign in English ? I suspect it was the sales staff making up their own rules.

We had a handicapped Thai teenager with us who should have got a discount too according to the sign but they refused him too.