Video: Why a green light means proceed with the utmost caution

webfact

Video: Why a green light means proceed with the utmost caution

8pm_VI.jpg

Thai caption: Not stopping at a red light!!!

Dash cam footage from a Bangkok intersection proves the old adage to take the greatest caution when going through a green light in Thailand. 

that is because there are bound to be people racing through red. 

The scooter rider in pink is cautious but not cautious enough - after several others go through the red light at the Phayathai intersection he is hit by a motorcyclist at considerable speed. He appears not to have seen that one.

Sanook said the footage inspired much comment on Thai social media. 

Both riders were injured and their bikes thoroughly damaged as bystanders helped at the scene. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-15

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Dash cam footage from a Bangkok intersection proves the old adage to take the greatest caution when going through a green light in Thailand. 

that is because there are bound to be people racing through red. 

Maybe because the Thai Government in their infinite wisdom declared this violation as a minor offense...???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The police are doing something about it. They're complying with the government's population control policy.

Why else would the government appear to not give a toss about the number deaths on the roads daily?

Agreed

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Reminded me of those military motorcycle display teams that used to ride across each others path .. only this one with p*ss poor timing .. 

Yeah, it's The White Helmets:

I still can't see anyone going through a level crossing as the train's approaching though.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yeah, it's The White Helmets:

All they need now is some burning haybale tunnels and ramps at big junctions ..

I do note that most in that O P vid' are wearing crash hats which has to be a good thing .. hopefully the message is getting through a lid will increase you're survivability chances in a crash .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It happens all the time 

Thai people just don't care 

Life means nothing here 

Be careful out there please 

Like it! almost poetry. Should read:

It happens all the time

Thai people just don't care. 
Life means nothing here

farang take care out there

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

is there a machine that can grind their dead bodies up and convert them into fuel?

Only fuel for plants.

Although, maybe a dirversified business opportunity for the organ grinders?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

It's not only Thais, also foreigners do this when they learn "Thai traffic culture".

The problem can be, as you are coming to a set of lights and they are changing, you look in your mirror and see the truck behind you is going to continue. So either you carry on and hope or stop and maybe rear ended. Not a good choice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

The problem can be, as you are coming to a set of lights and they are changing, you look in your mirror and see the truck behind you is going to continue. So either you carry on and hope or stop and maybe rear ended. Not a good choice!

Yeah, you have many choices to get an accident. I have had 2 accidents here, 1 with big bus driving red light about 60kmph and came from dead angle, I couldn't do nothing. Second was drunk Thai man cut me off and never stop. I was bad shape Haha.

• Like 1

When driving my car, always leave space in front of me at lights for motorbikes in Thailand. NEVER volunteer for point duty!

Worst i have witnessed was when a fast car crossed a red light so late that the first motorbike was already nearly on the far side. The car passed between the first 2 motorbikes and the following three. A miracle that it hit no-one. No other vehicle moved for at least 5 seconds ......