Tourists’ safety my priority, says Thailand’s new Tourism and Sports Minister

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Right now we already have the Moto GP, and the Prime Minister has mentioned the possibility of holding a world-level trail running event [a sport that combines running with hiking], as well as e-sports” said Pipat

Bit of a gap that 'tween the blue riband class of bike racing and people with spikey shoes running in the rain with rucksacks ..

E-sports .! Why go to Thailand to play FIFA 19 .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“I think many people from around the world want to come to Thailand and we should stage big sports events here as it would help generate additional income for the country,”

It's a huge task to catch up with Singapore and HK who already stage world class sporting and entertainment events and have efficient transportation, good hotels and safe stadia conforming to accepted international standards. 

• Like 2

More safety to the tourist he say???

Ah...now I understand why he need my 10 fingers when I come to the LOS, but forgive me to say,  I got strong feelings it's because the Thai government is thinking we farangs are all criminals.

Otherwise he have to explain me why I have to give the fingers and his own people not, maybe a bit racism to??

• Like 1