is it high season or what ?

brokenbone

Just now, balo said:

Interesting , what I want to know is how many white faces did you spot? I would think 90% were local Thais and Chinese.   

mostly thais that drives cars, but there is not a day

when i dont see stray chinese tourists in big c,

they make up a sizeable portion these days

5 hours ago, thaitero said:

Are Songthaew routes somehow changed because of these road works?

Yes the STs going from Jomtien to Walking Street have to turn right at the bottom of the hill, go along 3rd road, and then dodge down a number of small sois to come out at WS. Just adds to the madness.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, possum1931 said:

If that's the case why do so many of the hotels and guesthouses put up their prices from 1st October?

So! then why does xmas advertising begin (just after thanksgiving [in the U.S.] after November??? Don't ask me stupid questions and I won't ask you the same.

6 minutes ago, Dap said:

So! then why does xmas advertising begin (just after thanksgiving [in the U.S.] after November??? Don't ask me stupid questions and I won't ask you the same.

It is not worth answering this nonsense, so run along.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It is not worth answering this nonsense, so run along.

And so respond you did :dry:

Toothless as it may be :clap2:

Edited by Dap
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Sat nearly 10 mins at the intersection of Soi Land Office and 3rd road.

Police controlling the lights, making sure coach parties get through to Bali Hai to see the fights.

Ive been coming here for 20 years now and its certainly changed in Patts, us whiteys have been left behind it would seem

For years people said Pattaya was dead and i never agreed as it just grew and grew, but to me this time it seems as dead as ive ever known it to be ... every bar except the one on the corner in LK Metro has more woman than males, most with no customers at all. 

Even the cheap bars full of granddads on soi Bukouw (spelling) were dead this evening. I went to Walking St. walked up and down and us whiteys are an endangered species down there now, The London Underground bar had a dozen people in at most.

Is it quite simply the fact that the pound has halved in value in just over a decade and inflation has been rampant in Thailand, or have the generation or 2 that came to Pattaya when it was cheap and fun moved onto other things.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, elgenon said:

I knew they had worked extending the beach but hadn't heard they raised the level of the beach. Wow! A lot of work.

I want sure if it was just a case the tide was out, as not been keeping up with Pattaya affairs.

one hell of a job to do that ... surely in time nature will take it back.

On 8/6/2019 at 2:23 AM, ffaarraanngg said:

I want sure if it was just a case the tide was out, as not been keeping up with Pattaya affairs.

one hell of a job to do that ... surely in time nature will take it back.

It will take a lot longer with it that high. A s--tload of work. And of sand. Are there holes in the ocean floor about 30 meters out? 555