An Original And Well-organised Cruise

raybird

I would like to highly recommend an excellent all-day cruise: Mermaid cruises of Pranburi/... http://www.huahincruises.com/

For 1900Baht, there is a hotel pick-up and day out with one of the Mermaid directors and companion. The cruise, on a completely silent pollution-free electric boat (the only one of its kind in Thailand) starts towards the river mouth and includes a mangrove board-walk to the beach; at low tide there was not much to see here except crabs and mud skippers. Then back to the owner's house for a truly memorable lunch - home-Thai cooking at its best. We then went up river and saw several species of birds. The silence of the craft allows us to get very close to wildlife: enormous monitor lizards, Japanese paradise flycatchers, kingfishers, drongos, bee-eaters, sandpipers, swifts, egrets, herons and many more. Bird books and a pair of good binoculars were provided, but it is certainly best to bring your own.

[/size]

Edited by raybird

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I would like to highly recommend an excellent all-day cruise: Mermaid cruises of Pranburi/... http://www.huahincruises.com/

For 1900Baht, there is a hotel pick-up and day out with one of the Mermaid directors and companion. The cruise, on a completely silent pollution-free electric boat (the only one of its kind in Thailand) starts towards the river mouth and includes a mangrove board-walk to the beach; at low tide there was not much to see here except crabs and mud skippers. Then back to the owner's house for a truly memorable lunch - home-Thai cooking at its best. We then went up river and saw several species of birds. The silence of the craft allows us to get very close to wildlife: enormous monitor lizards, Japanese paradise flycatchers, kingfishers, drongos, bee-eaters, sandpipers, swifts, egrets, herons and many more. Bird books and a pair of good binoculars were provided, but it is certainly best to bring your own.

[/size]

Thanks for this info. My wife and I will certainly try this out as it is something different to take friends and family on when they come out to visit.