Two BMA workers injured in explosion in Suan Luang district

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

instructed police to rush to bring those behind a series of bombings in Bangkok to justice

Like they did with the Erawan shrine bombings? Four years and counting.

Let us consider currency reactions to this.  China's currency nosedives 0.8% over USD.  Vietnam Dong--no change.  Thai Baht rockets up 18 satang over USD.  Trade wars?  Flimsy excuse.  Corruption?  Maybe...

Whoever did this, did not intend to cause much bodily harm. They seem to have been very minor devices, planted in such a way as to not injure a crowd of people, like the Erawan Shrine bombing back in August of 2015, which injured 120 and killed 20 people. That was a nasty one. These are quite mild mannered by comparison. Makes one wonder, does it not? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Well, Prayut is showing just how effective he is already as Defense Minister, Head of the Police, and Head of Special Investigations. Can't even prevent a bombing campaign in his own city during a major international conference. Huge loss of face for him.

True about the loss of face but to be fair the security services in the wonderful developed world can't prevent bomb attacks in their cities either; or mass shootings and vehicle attacks.

The world we live in - mass cctv, more government "control", disabling the populations ability to defend themselves, rife corruption and ineffective inefficiency and more taxes. "It's all about the money, money" 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Whoever did this, did not intend to cause much bodily harm. They seem to have been very minor devices, planted in such a way as to not injure a crowd of people, like the Erawan Shrine bombing back in August of 2015, which injured 120 and killed 20 people. That was a nasty one. These are quite mild mannered by comparison. Makes one wonder, does it not? 

It was a shot over the bow. Usual Thai MO to show dissent. I don't approve of the method but have to say it's about bloody time the resistance wakes up. Thais have been taking it up the chimney for years now.

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It was a shot over the bow. Usual Thai MO to show dissent. I don't approve of the method but have to say it's about bloody time the resistance wakes up. Thais have been taking it up the chimney for years now.

True that. I do believe the youth will eventually rise up, and will attempt to do away completely with the totally useless army. The Thai army does absolutely nothing to benefit the nation, and sucks the nation's blood, like a vampire. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 1:16 PM, JRG23 said:

Never gonna happen. Prayut is the top dog. Army well under the thumb

I wouldn't put 50 baht on it TBH.

That is a nasty looking person and I believe he wants his turn at the trough.

He comes from a different faction in the Army than Prayuth does and again IMHO if he held a coup he would not hesitate to tell his troops to open fire and shoot anyone who gets in the way.

On 8/1/2019 at 10:25 PM, legend49 said:

You coudnt iron that shirt it has so much bling on it. LOL

It's not like the Thai military actually does anything to earn those.  I know how hard it was to earn proper bling in the US Army, seems if you just graduate from a basic school you end up with a parachute on your chest in Thailand.

Oh dear 
either insurgents, protesters against government or government arranging it themselves to bring back military rule as this "demo-crazy" thing  doesn't seem to be working too well 
It seems a chance for this psycho army bloke to roll his tanks out and do what his daddy taught him to do ..shoot the peasants!
I bet  there are several changes of underwear whatever the reason being arranged in parliament today!
Your either posting outside thailand or you have empty space between your ears

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, poohy said:

Oh dear 

either insurgents, protesters against government or government arranging it themselves to bring back military rule as this "demo-crazy" thing  doesn't seem to be working too well 

It seems a chance for this psycho army bloke to roll his tanks out and do what his daddy taught him to do ..shoot the peasants!

I bet  there are several changes of underwear whatever the reason being arranged in parliament today!

I have been thinking , since the election instalment of a supposed now, non military PM, that there may a rise or period of instability.

This may be confirmation of another coup, certainly the symptoms are similar to early infection.

Just what is needed to drive the remaining expats from LOS.

Then the Chinese Hi So that rule Thailand can have complete control and the place can be swamped with Chinese tourists for ever.

The entertainment industry will be taking a dive and those involved will be feeling a big pinch.

The straw that broke the camels back it may seem.