Thai astronomer quells fears over asteroid hitting earth

webfact

On 8/8/2019 at 12:27 PM, owl sees all said:

A glancing blow could set the earth in a spin mode different to now. Australia could become the new antarctic and the UK would be on the equator.

The world's oceans will rise up to 20 metres within a year. Billions would lose their livelihoods as the world struggles to cope.

So it's the answer to climate change? Cool   :coffee1:

On 8/8/2019 at 9:49 AM, MaksimMislavsky said:

80,000 years

Reminds me of a great scene from "The Best Exotic Hotel" in which Maggie Smith says in a very dry, matter-of-fact voice: At my age, I don’t plan that far ahead. I don’t even buy green bananas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

That's interesting... Can you provide any more details? Where did it hit the Earth? On average doesn't mean 80000 safe years for sure

Research "Younger dryas impact" pretty much finally proven beyond any reasonable doubt due to data samples from ice taken in Antarctica, you need to be reading recent articles as a lot of the breakthroughs have been very recent.

• Like 1

A Thai astronomer? Ah, then we're safe, nothing to fear! LOL! Maybe I'd have been worrying a tiny bit when the caption had been; 'Thai astronomer 100% sure asteroïd won't hit Earth', don't no why, local experience maybe, like with Thai Meteorological Department's expert communication...