Well known farang monk accused of inappropriate behaviour

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

well. well, well, yet another religious hypocrite, who would have thought it. 

Yeah, but he has been practising for years now as a monk, so I'm sure he knows what he's on about to be a convincing hypocrite.

31 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I've seen many Thai monks smoking cigarettes, my wife told me that it is acceptable for them to smoke.

https://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/dharmadata/fdd33.htm

Dharma Data: Smoking

Tobacco, whether smoked or chewed, is now widely considered an addictive and dangerous drug. However as its impact on consciousness is slight most Buddhists do not consider smoking to be breaking the fifth Precept. In Burma and Japan smoking by monks is common as it is in Thailand amongst monks of the Mahanikaya sect. In Sri Lanka and amongst Tibetans and Chinese smoking by monks is looked down upon and they usually refrain from it. So from the Buddhist perspective smoking may well be unwise but is does not have a moral dimension

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

must be disrobed at the original temple where he had been ordained. He said the monk’s alleged actions tarnish the religion. Apparently Phra Julien had been ordained at a temple in Chiang Mai province's Hot district, hence the ceremony must be held by his preceptor monk there, the senior monk explained. He said he had already assigned the Sop Moei ecclesiastical chief to launch a fact-finding mission into the scandal.

Blimey heavy sh*t for having a dip .. Reminds me a bit of the TV programme " Branded " with Chuck Connors when they rip his epaulettes off and snap his sword .. 

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Social activist and veterinarian Somchai Sirithepsongklod,

The missed out sh*t stirrer .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Date Masamune said:

No Thai would sell a lottery ticket to a Monk.
One approached me and asked in perfect English if I would go into 7/11 to purchase him a pack of
Cigs!

Untrue. Already saw thai monks buying lottery tickets. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fishtank said:

A man having sex with women? Terrible.

How about Thai monks having sex with kids? That ok?

about as right ( wrong of course) as Christian monks, priests, vicars having sex with kids.  Religious hypocrisy knows no National, religious or geographic boundaries,  it happens in all of them, bar none. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

about as right ( wrong of course) as Christian monks, priests, vicars having sex with kids.  Religious hypocrisy knows no National, religious or geographic boundaries,  it happens in all of them, bar none. 

+1 You beat me to it...

At least Julian was with an adult. 

• Like 1