Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

are you thinking of buying a bar?

???? (I love this old school stuff)

I don't think they make money in Pattaya imo.

It looks like they are working looking in because everyone is distracted by the booze & girls, and just the relief of getting laid once in awhile.

Underneath, it's running on upfront deposits, faith and savings.

You heard that one before ????‍♂️ and it would not be around forever if there was no truth there. Stephen Leather has a great book also 'Private Dancer'.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, JimTripper said:

???? (I love this old school stuff)

I don't think they make money in Pattaya imo.

It looks like they are working looking in because everyone is distracted by the booze & girls, and just the relief of getting laid once in awhile.

Underneath, it's running on upfront deposits, faith and savings.

You heard that one before ????‍♂️ and it would not be around forever if there was no truth there. Stephen Leather has a great book also 'Private Dancer'.

Read that in the eighties and many of the tales in it are being repeated to this day.

Bit like the old riddle  Q: "How do you make a million from a bar in Thailand?"  A: "Start with 2 million"

On 8/9/2022 at 6:49 AM, PJ71 said:

Last 6 months.

Billabong annd Triangle bar - oh dear....

Next time you go out, count the staff, including band members and/or kitchen staff, then count the customers and see what percentages you come up with.

Even just walking around you can count the girls in the bar to the customers sitting down drinking. 

Whilst it may be low season, the numbers are down, despite covid requirements ending. 

There may be other factors at play, like a global economic downturn, that may see a quiet high season coming up. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 7:34 AM, scubascuba3 said:

You've probably watched one of the many daily YouTube videos that come out. I'm in Pratumnak and see lots most days 

If Billabong and Triangle were live streaming, I wouldn't be going to them. 

21 hours ago, PJ71 said:

I don't go out to count staff..... how very unusual.

Either do I, but I do make observations, and it's not difficult to see more staff than customers in an establishment.

If you do not observe such things, on what basis can you make the statement "Pattaya is thriving?" 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

but I do make observations

So do it, but not at kitchen staff and the likes - lol

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

on what basis can you make the statement "Pattaya is thriving?" 

Customers in bars / traffic / people in malls, pretty obvious innit?

8 hours ago, PJ71 said:

So do it, but not at kitchen staff and the likes

Of course, I don't go into the kitchen.  You are trolling. 

Do you think the food cooks itself, or the kitchen staff work for free?  ????

8 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Customers in bars / traffic / people in malls, pretty obvious innit?

You claim "Pattaya is thriving."  Name a few places that are "thriving."

Hungry Hippo is busy.  ????  Anywhere else? 

5 hours ago, champers said:

I see the place on the old Witherspoons site, at the corner of Sois Buakhao and Pothole, is nearing completion. It has been named Bling, so 55 Baht happy hours may not be on the cards.

Any idea what's going on with the nightclub just up the road? 

On 8/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, Leaver said:

Perhaps other members that actually live in Pattaya, and not the village, and do go out, can confirm this.

When are you back from the village, scuba?  ???? 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, scubascuba3 said:

You've probably watched one of the many daily YouTube videos that come out. I'm in Pratumnak and see lots most days 

On 8/13/2022 at 6:01 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Watch the many YouTube videos that come out daily, that will tell you. I'd say 60% back, Buakhao 80%

Thanks for confirming @Leaver presumption that you rely on YouTube for your posts here, because why would someone who is out and about in Patttaya every night have to watch many YouTubes about Pattaya every day to get their info.

Edited by peterfranks
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Any idea what's going on with the nightclub just up the road? 

The Warehouse? No idea but I noticed traders had set up again in front. Headware I think.

Some places might be revising their plans following the fire at Mountain B.

30 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

Thanks for confirming @Leaver presumption that you rely on YouTube for your posts here, because why would someone who is out and about in Patttaya every night have to watch many YouTubes about Pattaya every day to get their info.

I live in Pattaya, but do not go out in Central Pattaya every night.

On a night out recently, I noticed Papagayos was open, and the club with the pool in Tree Town was closed.  I posted my observations.  Were these on Youtube?  If so, please post the link. 

That said, I am up north at the moment, but will be back soon, and no, it's not to visit some worthless farm in Issan, and throw parties for an extended Thai family.  ???? 

A fair bit of demolition work this week:

Sabai soapy massage accross 2nd Rd from Atlantic Bar has been razed to the ground.

Also on 2nd Rd, by the big airliner, between Sois 5 and 4 leading to Beach Rd, an hotel and some shops are being demolished.

The old Tops on the J of 2nd Rd and Klang is gradually being taken apart, working from the top down.

New build news:

There is a structure that is shooting up on the site of the demolished Deutsche Haus bar/resto on Beach Rd & Soi 4 corner. I don't know what it is yet.

The new building on the runway site on 2nd Rd looks near to completion. Looks like it could be a big nightclub, but that is just my guess.

5 hours ago, peterfranks said:

When I actually lived in Pattaya I was almost never on this forum or online regarding anything about Thailand ????. I'm only on here when I'm expecting to return in the near future.

Edited by JimTripper

9 hours ago, champers said:

Sabai soapy massage accross 2nd Rd from Atlantic Bar has been razed to the ground.

Appreciate the feedback...I always remember the three Sabais as Sabai Room, Sabai Land and Sabai Dee.....what have we got left now?

20 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Somewhere you have not visited mee hopes.

Jeez, it is decades since I was in one of those places...... rather overpriced and you get pestered by scroungers is my recollection.....

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Appreciate the feedback...I always remember the three Sabais as Sabai Room, Sabai Land and Sabai Dee.....what have we got left now?

On 2nd Rd there are 2 left, both on the Beach Rd side of 2nd Rd. Only one is open and is doing very brisk business with the many Indians now here. 

There is slso one open on Soi Honey and P&P (not certain about the name) is open off 3rd Rd.

I saw a YT vid recently that explained why so many Indian guys go for a soapy. Apparently, many are here at their company's expense as a reward for outstanding work performance. They have flights, meals and accommodation ( 3 or 4 nights) paid for by the company and also included in this reward package is a free soapy. Nice job perk!

Edited by champers
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

You are trolling.

I nearly spat my tea out reading this!

It's already been established that you have never worked in the hospitality industry and have no knowledge about all the other things you spruik off endlessly about on here, but still have the nerve to call someone else a troll.  Amazing.

Your ignorance on almost every subject is apparent to all.

• Haha 2

On 8/20/2022 at 3:41 AM, treetops said:

It's already been established that you have never worked in the hospitality industry

By who?  When?  How?

On 8/20/2022 at 3:41 AM, treetops said:

Your ignorance on almost every subject is apparent to all.

You are just trolling now.  ????

23 hours ago, kinyara said:

Bringing your unique brand of misery and negativity to the countryside.

Hardly.  A few bar owners up here have asked for my advice.  Their customers have been complaining their beer is warm.  I will use my extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry to locate and fix the problem, bringing joy to beer drinkers in the province, and profits to the bar owners.   ????

Edited by Leaver

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Hardly.  A few bar owners up here have asked for my advice.  Their customers have been complaining their beer is warm.  I will use my extensive knowledge of the hospitality industry to locate and fix the problem, bringing joy to beer drinkers in the province, and profits to the bar owners.   ????

Maybe buy a fridge--just a thought.

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

By who?  When?  How?

You were asked previously on this forum, maybe this thread but maybe one of the others where you give dodgy advice and opinions on subjects you know nothing about.  There's a few to choose from.

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

You are just trolling now.  ????

Others would call it pointing out the obvious so maybe a waste of time, but accurate nonetheless.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, treetops said:

You were asked previously on this forum, maybe this thread but maybe one of the others where you give dodgy advice and opinions on subjects you know nothing about.  There's a few to choose from.

Example?

• Haha 1