How much does an IO earn?

IvorBiggun2

I post this because I'm fed up with the belief viewed by a lot of posters that Immigration Officers are badly paid and it's right that they should receive tea money. Sorry If I posted in wrong forum.

Immigration Officer Salary

Salary Data for Immigration Officer

฿968,074 (THB)/yr
Average Base Salary

฿465 (THB)/hr
Average Hourly Rate

฿54,599 (THB)/yr
Average Bonus

Compensation Data Based on Experience

฿677,390 (THB)
Entry Level Salary

฿1,212,956 (THB)
Senior Level Salary

Entry level $677,390 Senior $1,212,956 Average $968,074

An entry level immigration officer (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of ฿677,390. On the other end, a senior level immigration officer (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of ฿1,212,956.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What tea money are you posting about I only pay the fee that's required at the time and that's that.

I'm talking about when they ask for money and they don't give a receipt. An example being. When changing stamps from an old passport to a new passport there is no charge. Some offices charge 500 Baht. Never a receipt cuz as I say 'free'. Same goes for confirmation of abode. It's a free service. Plenty of other examples I'm sure but ………..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Source!!!

These numbers sound ridicolous.

I have seen Thai income tables for ministries, police etc.

And what you publish is way off.

A regular policeman need a couple of years/promotions to exceed 30k/month (360k/year).

1.2 million Baht/year!

More than the 3-star general that plays the role of deputy prime minister?

What a bunch of disbelievers. I never posted the link because I've done so in the past only to be reprimanded about posting links. Make yer minds up.

https://www.salaryexpert.com/salary/...ficer/thailand

Next someone will tell me the police are badly paid. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Wow...1.2 million a year, thats more than some Australians earn in Australia!!!

I know some Govt workers are paid well because i use to have a ex boyfriend as a prison officer at Bank kwang and even back then he was earning around 50,000 baht a month with overtime 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What a bunch of disbelievers. I never posted the link because I've done so in the past only to be reprimanded about posting links. Make yer minds up.

https://www.salaryexpert.com/salary/...ficer/thailand

Next someone will tell me the police are badly paid. 

What a load of claptrap, immigration officers are paid same as other civil servants, according to grade, highest grade being 11.

The vast majority of ios are between grade 6 and 8 and the salaries are nowhere near what you posted.

• Confused 1

And you believe those numbers.

Now where do these ERI experts from California have their numbers from.

I use sources that publish the official numbers in Thai for the police salary.

Of course nothing in English but Google translate does a fairly good job.

Example: the salary of a Police Sergeant Major ends at 29k Baht per month.

And a Police Sergeant Major is a typical rank that you deal with at immigration office or checkpoint.

The average non-commissioned police income is 25,000 per month. Commissioned police income is 46,000 per month.

https://workpointnews.com/2018/03/12/เปิดรายได้ตำรวจไทย-สมคว/

These "ERI" numbers are utter nonsense.

Highest numbers I have seen are top ranks at ministries at about 80k/month.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, you are posting salary for a Thai immigration lawyer.

Look at the job description, its a major translation stuff up. 

image.png.71a9d16e2a625ab1a1a71460026f736a.png

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Look

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The link is helpful to assist as to a reliable and credible source of information is being used

And is the link 'genuine and a credible source of information' in your opinion? For me it's too exact to overlook it.

ERI is load of complete s*** it builds upon its averages by numbers submitted by other people. And no Thai is going to submit his numbers on an English only website for no good reason. Search in pantip forums in Thai and you will find the scales easily. 

Edited by Smokegreynblues

That's the second time someone has quoted that site to show completely wrong figures for Thai salaries.

It is a site for professionals to boastfully quote their salaries and has nothing to do with realities. The fact that this one is actually about Immigration Lawyers really makes it ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The way I see it is if an IO asks for some tea money, e.g. 200 -500 baht, there is nothing wrong with it, i.e. if he is actually assisting my cause, I have contributed twice, but only to assist my cause and save me a lot of unnecessary hassle e.g. to have to drive back home because I forgot some photos or paperwork etc etc which I could later scan and sent to him, that, or drive 2 and a half hours return to give the IMO the photos of paperwork.

Tea money is a way of life for most government officials here, that said, if someone asked me for corruption money when there was no reason for it, he/she would be flatly denied, cheap Charlie I might be, stupid Charlie, definitely not ????

They get paid according to a table, depending on salary level and years of service, here the one for police (IOs are police).

107797682_.jpg.2ac7ab81aa9ad113d78b334048fd9fff.jpg

This table does of course not include any bonuses or overtime, so you can add a bit to it.

But as we can see, even somebody like Big Oud doesn't earn more than 80k.

The IO who stamps our passports at the airport will probably earn somewhere arround 15-25k.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'm talking about when they ask for money and they don't give a receipt. An example being. When changing stamps from an old passport to a new passport there is no charge. Some offices charge 500 Baht. Never a receipt cuz as I say 'free'. Same goes for confirmation of abode. It's a free service. Plenty of other examples I'm sure but ………..

Sorry you have lost me, when I had got my new passport I when Immi office and they just stamped up my new passport with all info last page from old to new no charge.

• Like 1