Do you have any “ real” friends nowadays?

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

Not sure about friends.   But pretty sure I have a few real enemies .  Maybe I will get one of them to start a poll here to explore to what extent .   Let's see ,  how about :    How has the recent enforcement of the TM30 affected your feelings about Rumak ?   a. go ahead, make my day   b. you feeling lucky, punk  c. you can't handle the truth   d. i'd answer but he's on my ignore list   e. send him to South America  f. can't stand him ...... but his wife ain't bad   g.  sent to Soi 6 for being off topic  ( I'll be bock....new user name)

h) Who is this Rumak? ???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

h) Who is this Rumak? ???? 

I.   who cares ?       Similar to your friends experience, when I was ill my "friends" were conspicuous in their absence.  

What is that saying ?  " a friend in need...... is a pain in the ass"   hahahhaa

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a large family in the UK who have always looked out for each other, I have a large family in Thailand who have always looked out for each other, so I have a good base to choose any 'friends' carefully

I have two real friends of the moment in the UK, we keep an eye out for each other, eat together regularly and ensure we are not left to ponder things alone too long.

After a recent cycling accident one friend insisted I get checked out and ferried me around, when they kept me in hospital for observation gave me some money to tide me over if I needed it. I paid it back when he picked me up the next day, and paid his meal next time we dined together. He will happily pick me up from the airport to save taxi fare, so yes I would say a good friend. I do not have high expectations of friends, I know the limits, for example if I am catching an early morning flight, I would make my own way to the airport not drag my friends out of bed in the middle of the night to act as a taxi!!

As for me, can be friendly to anybody, for example work colleagues, until they give me reason not to be!!! but do strive to be self sufficient, apart from family and a couple of others mentioned above, no others I would anticipate walking towards me if in difficulty ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with no friends and those who have money.

three kinds actually; those have money and friends, i.e. me; spending next month hiking with one - we spend 2-3 months hiking every year, going to amsterdam with another in late sept and he's coming out the bkk, again, in november - and going on my annual visit to another in january - i also see him whenever he's in bkk on business. i also have other less close friends, male and female, who i see regularly.

• Thanks 1