Overstay

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You go up to the usual immigration counter. When they see your overstay they will direct you to a place (desk or office) to pay.

24 hour, no problem.

Will they ask questions why I’ve overstayed etc?

6 minutes ago, Jboy said:

Do I do this before I check in at the airport ?

No. Check-in as you normally would. Proceed to the immigration counters as if you were simply leaving Thailand. When the immigration officer sees the overstay, they will instruct you on how to pay the penalty. Be sure to head to the immigration counters early enough to allow time to pay the penalty so you do not miss your flight. It should not take long, but allow some time. If you hit the immigration counters at least one hour before your flight, you should have plenty of time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jboy said:

Relax. When you go passport control and they see you overstay you will politely be shown to overstay room and pay fine. Say nothing. Nothing will be asked

14 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Er... exactly how long overstay are we talking about here?

14 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Er... exactly how long overstay are we talking about here?

23 days 

2 hours ago, Brickbat said:

You are allowed 7 days grace ( overstay). No penalty. But 23 will definitely be picked up

Wow. No, you are definitely not.

One day overstay at Suvarnabhumi is usually without a fine, but thats it. If you have two days, its 1000 bath, 3 days 1500 bath etc.

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brickbat said:

You are allowed 7 days grace ( overstay). No penalty. But 23 will definitely be picked up

Not Correct, you might be thinking if someone loses thier job or their reason for an extension, then typically you apply for an extension it is denied and you are allowed 7 days to leave.  That is totally different than overstaying his visa.

OP please keep in mind if you are caught by Immigration or the police and found to be on overstay you will be detained in Immigration detention until you have the money for the fine and ticket out. You should be making plans to leave right now, go to Laos, Cambodia etc and get a visa!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ericthai said:

Not Correct, you might be thinking if someone loses thier job or their reason for an extension, then typically you apply for an extension it is denied and you are allowed 7 days to leave.  That is totally different than overstaying his visa.

OP please keep in mind if you are caught by Immigration or the police and found to be on overstay you will be detained in Immigration detention until you have the money for the fine and ticket out. You should be making plans to leave right now, go to Laos, Cambodia etc and get a visa!

On a Retirement Visa , there is 7 days grace if leaving the Kingdom with regards to not doing the 90 day reporting. There is no issue at the airport

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

On a Retirement Visa , there is 7 days grace if leaving the Kingdom with regards to not doing the 90 day reporting. There is no issue at the airport

Overstay and not doing the 90 days report are two completely different things.

Overstay comes when your visa or visa exempt runs out and is no longer valid, while failing to do the 90 days report in time, comes during or within a valid visa.

Edited by thaibreaker
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

Read this.

The bottom part where it says less than one year means exactly that. One day is less than one year.

thailand-overstay.jpg

56 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

You have 7 days after expiry to do the 90 day reporting. 

This is on the Thai Embassy website.

At the airport, they are only interested in the are entry permit. 

Clearly English not your first language. Yes that's bit beside the point. In my first quote # 13 of your post I was gentle. We all make mistakes. This thread is about OVERSTAY....OVERSTAY....

That means remaining in Thailand AFTER your "until date on stamp in passport.

Please stop with type about 90 day report window. Mainly because its misleading and has nothing to do with thread. Did you read other posts ofter  mine pointing this out???

Hells Bells!

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

You have 7 days after expiry to do the 90 day reporting. 

This is on the Thai Embassy website.

At the airport, they are only interested in the are entry permit. 

Again, that is 90 day report, not that same a someone overstaying their permission to stay.

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:
7 hours ago, Brickbat said:

Say what!!

He is confusing the grace period on 90-day reports with the penalties for overstaying your permission to stay.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, Jboy said:

After check-in ... and actually you can jump the Queue at immigration - just tell the officer that you are on overstay and they will let you in and you save some time at least.