Britain's Queen could be asked to suspend parliament on Wednesday: BBC journalist

webfact

52 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Sharply  0.6% v the USD. Still higher than a week ago. Sharply. Ouch!

3 satang is sharp enough for me clutching an already rinsed out pound all based on rumor and supposition until the action really starts and JC rides into town  ???? 

11 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

The Good Friday Agreement, signed in 1998, brought an end to sectarian conflict and established power-sharing in Northern Ireland. The agreement assumes EU membership for both the UK and Ireland and makes provisions for the UK and Irish governments to co-operate on EU matters. Taken from here https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/ireland-brexit So we were both in the EU as we both joined at the same time in 1973, therefore not relevant then in the slightest.

Swot

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, citybiker said:

It recovered from 0936 as I clearly stated.

Fluctuation as part of the course.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It did NOT recover. If it had, it wouldn't be lower than when the announcement was made.

It may still recover, but, it hasn't, yet. Your definition of recover isn't the same as most peoples.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

The Good Friday Agreement, signed in 1998, brought an end to sectarian conflict and established power-sharing in Northern Ireland. The agreement assumes EU membership for both the UK and Ireland and makes provisions for the UK and Irish governments to co-operate on EU matters. Taken from here https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/ireland-brexit So we were both in the EU as we both joined at the same time in 1973, therefore not relevant then in the slightest.

But now,  after the referendum, its suddenly relevant but was never mentioned during the referendum campaign. Its just another excuse to defy the result of the referendum. Fearmongers and knaves clutching at straws.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Wrong. The UK has a constitution but not a written declarative constitution. Its based on many laws  rules and precedents. What do you thing the Magna Carta was? Yes Britain is a parliamentary democracy but the referendum was a special situation giving the decision to the people not parliament.  Do you really think that if the remainers had won rebel leaver MPs in parliament would be fighting the result for 3 years? For all the spurious reasons currently being used by remainers claiming that the referendum did not count? The current machinations to thwart the peoples democratic decision is the work of knaves and cowards.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Handsome Gardener said:

So why is Boris trying then ? 

Though it is clear from todays reports it is Boris who is blinking first - 580 pages of Mays deal is now ok !

Just twiddle with the backstop and do some remove and replace words in the document and voila we are BRINO to go ......

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Tell me a time in the last 50 years British farmers were not complaining. They used to complain about being in the EU!

remember in the 80s,the eu were paying farmers not to milk their cows,a mate of mine from rhodesia came over and bought an entire dairy off a farmer [in england]and shipped it back.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

boris has done more in 3 weeks than may did in 3 years.

Agrees both sides want and WILL do a deal. And there won't be better terms if we come out no deal and the come back desperately for a deal having seen the short term chaos that would bring. When it will then be punch a Brexiteer in the face day - but don't worry it won't happen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

I think one of the reasons Spitting Image became such a success was the characters and the political turmoil at the time.

One can only wish they would resurrect the series and introduce todays political main players. That would be...:clap2:

Politics is far to tribal today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Farage is no slouch - I'll answer it for you Nige he has and does.

The government's announcement today makes a confidence motion now certain, a general election more likely and is seen as a positive move by Brexiteers.

The unanswered question is whether Boris Johnson intends to pursue the Withdrawal Agreement.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

You know I should be supporting the Brexit fundamentalists.

Scottish independence is guaranteed with a hard Brexit.

But I honestly cannot stand to see my friends and neighbors commit such an act of self harm. And for what? A blue passport that actually looks black and under EU rules could have been any colour you wanted it to be?

Brexit is going to be a disaster. Whether its a soft Brexit or a hard Brexit.

The only people who are going to benefit from Brexit are the very rich because at all costs they want to avoid the anti tax evasion/avoidance legislation the EU want to bring in to curb the use of offshore tax havens.

Brexiteers are going to beggar the country so the rich can avoid tax. Thats it in a nutshell. 

Is that what you really want?   

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aright said:

You seem to feel it is perfectly acceptable for Remainers to use every parliamentary  trick in the book to overturn the result of a democratically held referendum including the connivance of the Speaker  but similar action by the government, which is governed by the constitution, is utterly disgusting. 

It is nothing to do with connivance of the speaker - however it IS the speakers job to ensure that parliamentarians do not abuse their position to deny the will of the house 

Do you see the difference ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The Queen has no choice other than to do as she is told by an elected government PM. As for business and the pound diving, well, everything is not up to you and money. We survived the Nazis and we will survive the bankers and the EU. Just something that has to be done and it's now plainly obvious why.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, bannork said:

Johnson will apparently refuse to resign even if voted out next week and a new PM proposed. it will be up to the courts to throw him out.

What Brexit process are you talking about? Johnson seems hell bent on a no deal Brexit which none of the 37% of the electorate who voted for Brexit chose.

Oh dear two points.

1. Johnson is a liar. 

2. He believes in game theory as most certainly does Dominic Cummings.

3. Brino it is , Johnson wins a snap election as a hero that pulled off what May couldn't - and then all these money promises for the working class will evaporate but tax cuts for the rich - for sure.