British PM to suspend parliament before Brexit, opposition denounces 'coup'

webfact

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'm afraid he's right. Nearest thing to a constitution we have is Magna Carta.

However, in my opinion that's a good thing. For what others have a constitution, we have the laws of the land, which are easily updatable, unlike a written constitution.

A good example is the 2nd amendment to the US constiution (the right to bear arms). 200 years old and totally unfit for purpose in the modern world.However many argue that it cannot be changed because it's part of the Constitution. If it were simply a law it could be changed overnight to allow the US to become a modern foreward thinking nation like the rest of the world (I thought you'd like that 555).

Constitutions, totally unnecessary and much overated.

But better than nout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

And they regretted it. Hence the restoration of Louis XV111.

not really regretted....

Officially, Louis XVI was the last real King of France of the old regime. He was the last King of France with actual reigning power.

After him, Napoleon Bonaparte crowned himself emperor of France, so then France was an empire. After Napoleon, the monarchy in France was restored, and Louis XVIII (a.k.a. Comte de Provence, the bother of Louis XVI) became King of France, but he had no reigning power, being only a King in name since the old regime had been abolished in 1792. After him, his brother became King, King Charles X (a.k.a. Comte de Artois, another brother of Louis XVI). After him, Louis Philippe (the cousin of King Charles X) became King.

This is a goodie 

The only path to defeat for Remainers is if they buy the artificial hype and believe all is lost. The only way a damaging hard brexit wins out, is if enough MPs and activists stop resisting it. This is the sole purpose of yesterday’s announcement. It is a display intended to demoralise. A parody Brexit haka. Let them bulge their eyes and beat their chest. We have the numbers. That is the objective reality.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/boris-johnson-dominic-cummings-remainers-strategy-prorogation/

And we have our not so secret weapon

Image result for john bercow

• Thanks 2

Nah, the british cancer has been removed from Eire and no one wants anything to do with it again.

I heard it was a nasty case of colo-rectal cancer that went to Ireland, then came back not wanting anything to do with them. Too many ars***les there to cope with, and they were all full of <deleted>.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

With many thanks to Jos Collignon of the Volkskrant - NL. He is really the greatest.

It expresses exactly my feelings:

1) Democracy sunk in the UK.

2) Corbyn could solve the deadlock in seconds, by NOT insisting HE will be the next (temporarily) PM. Even to find one in the ranks of LibDem, rebellion Tories, or whatever.

So, wait for new GE, with LibDem, Greens etc in a coalition, being one vote bigger as nr 2 in over 50% of all baronies, and.. over with Tories + Labour.

fishing in the same pond, own ego first.jpg

mother-of-all-parliaments.jpg

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stupooey said:

A referendum has little to do with Democracy - just ask Maggie Thatcher, among others.

(And why have you posted this claptrap twice in twenty minutes? Do you think if you inflict it on us enough times it will somehow become true?).

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Are you denying that it is true?

Did David Cameron say that publicly many times?

Did Teresa May promise that the UK would leave Brexit?

Did the UK voters (at least those who could be bothered to vote) vote to leave?

Is what was posted true or a lie?

Please tell us all in your own words is what I have posted is the truth or a lie.

Referendums with vague objectives have been used by unscrupulous politicians to achieve their own aims, rather than the wishes of the people before in histroy many times.

I would suggest you check 1930's German history.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes a lot of embarrassed posters on here (just scroll through the Brexit threads) calling him stupid, buffoon and a multitude of names, when really he has shown that he is actually very astute.

"stupid,buffoon" i wouldn,t mind being a pound note behind him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kingdong said:

"stupid,buffoon" i wouldn,t mind being a pound note behind him.

Pound valued @ 37 baht , soon expected to fall.

Being a expat , relying on the value of gbp,  i wouldn,t mind being behind him ..

Edited by elliss

8 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Indeed, just overtaken by India, and forecast to fall to 7th this year when overtaken by France. In terms of PPP already a pathetic 9th. "Project Nonsense" please get a grip. It would be helpful if Brexiteers would just put a little effort into keeping up with the facts, the problem with living in the so called glorious past. "Descent into oblivion" is probably premature, but a No Deal Brexit would certainly accelerate our travel in that direction.

perhaps the uk was punching above its weight,and the pound was over valued,just wait until the eu collapses then you,ll see the GREAT  put back in britain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kingdong said:

perhaps the uk was punching above its weight,and the pound was over valued,just wait until the eu collapses then you,ll see the GREAT  put back in britain.

Don’t hold your breath while waiting............

• Haha 1

I found this today by Hugh Grant :

"You will not <deleted> with my children’s future. You will not destroy the freedoms my grandfather fought two world wars to defend. <deleted> off you over-promoted rubber bath toy. Britain is revolted by you and you little gang of masturbatory prefects. "

PERFECT 

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 2