Army chief voices concern over the spread of fake news  

webfact

22 hours ago, Cadbury said:

When it comes to fake news General Apirat is up there with the best of them. At the time of the recent bombings he blurted out that the bombings had been done by the same people who did the Bangkok bombings in 2006. Seemingly he forgot that no one was ever found responsible for those bombings. 

that's correct, same people - we can't identify them so it follows they are one and the same  - Thai logical thinking ...  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

I don't understand what relevance your mention of Monarchies have in relation to the content of my posts. 

Sorry - to a point 

should be democracy - spell-check strikes again and I didn't pick it up  - US is not a true democracy therefore not the largest democracy.   

• Thanks 1

"Asked by a reporter about his thesis on “the influence of social media and the change of political behavior of people in Thai society”, the army chief said that he had finished the thesis and it will soon be disseminated, but he was afraid that someone might get into trouble as a result.

When asked who will be in trouble, he declined to comment and just walked away."

Answers on a postcard please, but not on TV, it may get you banned!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 3:58 PM, Justgrazing said:

Hahahaha .. ????

Best get comfortable with the idea Pal .. control of media and information is no longer solely in the hands of a few .. The internet is a very powerful medium now that can spread a word in seconds .. regardless of whether its accurate or not .. This dude needs a reality check to introduce him to the here and now .. 

Until they start censoring or shutting down websites

39 minutes ago, Fred white said:

Until they start censoring or shutting down websites

There are several websites which one can access from Europe and Australia, which are not available in Thailand, has been going on for some years

3 hours ago, Fred white said:

I don't know if they shut down Facebook they might get a rise out of people

might be a good thing if they did - the place might become a bit more productive and not farcebook zombie land.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2019 at 4:40 PM, Oziex1 said:

The message is we are the chosen ones, anything that contradicts this is fake.

Wait till this guy gets hold of his new APC's bought from the biggest democracy on the planet. 

Wow they bought APC's from India too?

India is the biggest democracy on the planet or didn't you know that?

Don't worry, Thailand will in the not so distant future isolate and monitor all internet traffic that comes in through its gateways.  Although how they can limit the direct satellite tv local recievers seems difficult to do, unless they control the Satellite links also

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Don't worry, Thailand will in the not so distant future isolate and monitor all internet traffic that comes in through its gateways.  Although how they can limit the direct satellite tv local recievers seems difficult to do, unless they control the Satellite links also

I don't know but we have psi and during the cave rescues the feed was interrupted there was some other times it was interrupted