The prices that the gyms are asking.

mickylongtime

Hi guys I been looking around for a decent gym and a new gym in jomtiem opened up but I can't see it lasting as the price is 18,000 bt a year that's way over the top in my view, I been going to 3rd Rd Tony's but there letting the standards drop of the scale, I wonder if any of the hotels have a good gym at a fair price, any idears guys 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/1/2019 at 6:11 AM, Puchaiyank said:

There is an apparently successful gym in Central Mall Udon Thani that gets 2,785 baht per month per individual membership...that's 33,400 per year...

When I was told the cost...I commented that I just wanted a little time on the equipment...not interested in purchasing shares in the business...????

Pattaya forum....assuming asking about gyms in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do not know why so many are complaining about prices. 15 years ago , yes 15 years ago California Wow and True Fitness were around 2300 per month.

Having good equipment , maintaining it in large space and AC is not cheap . 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 6:11 AM, Puchaiyank said:

There is an apparently successful gym in Central Mall Udon Thani

That'd be quite a jaunt  from Pattaya.. ????

If I were the OP I'd ask a Thai person/friend to call a number of hotels in Pattaya for me and ask about a daily use rate.     I know where I lived in Issan, the Pullman offered a daily use rate.    It's easy to get hotel  phone numbers off Google Maps and then one can also pinpoint the desired area as well.

23 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I bought an exercise bike from Big C half price 3k, no way i would ever go to a gym

How are your biceps shaping up on that bike that will turn in to a very expensive towel rack within a few months ☺☺☺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mickylongtime said:

Looks like universal gym will suit me as I'm down pattaya most days cheers guys for all your help ????

My biggest worry is once you have joined a new gym, is that after they run it into the ground there is very little maintenance done if any Tony's gym is the worst I've ever seen, but hey I brought a lifetime membership  for a little over 15,000bhat many years ago, so I can use that as a back up, but I went to that universal gym, looks good a few machines are not so good, but you can do a workaround. But thanks for your helps guys, I'm going for a pump I may be gone a long time ????????

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 3:18 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

Pattaya Fun Gym 1000 thb/month, cheaper for longer, smart foreigner ownership, good even for hardcore bodybuilders it seems.

I go to the one in Naklua but I believe there is also one on the dark side. Equipment is decent but they don't turn the aircon up very high.  So it's still kind of like a sauna in there sometimes.  Only a little cooler than outside.  Especially if you are downstairs doing cardio.

But the price is right, so I put up with it for now.  I just wish they would turn the aircon up a little more.  Some days are worse than others depending on how hot/humid it is outside.  I tried asking the thai girl if she can turn it up and got that stereotypical Thai deer in the headlights look which basically means "no, now leave me along and go away". I'm sure the boss told them to keep it low and they probably think it's just fine since they are just sitting there staring at their phone right underneath one of the air conditioners.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2019 at 6:03 AM, Orton Rd said:

I bought an exercise bike from Big C half price 3k, no way i would ever go to a gym

A cheap department store exercise bike is no subsitute for a gym or even just the much better exercise bikes they have.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

I like the fun gym pattaya and they have 3 locations, so certainly one near you. You won't find better for the price, i checked all gyms around.

Where is the 3rd?  I only know of 2 locations.  Naklua and the dark side.  Their facebook page is of no help.  You would think they would do the obvious and put ther addresses on there.

Edit: found it.  Just opened a couple weeks ago.  Way out in Jomtien Na 6/ Tesabel Rd 1, other side of sukhumvit.  Almost halfway to Bang Saray.  Too far away for me. 

Edited by lapd
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Gyms are a total waste of money and sometimes a total con remember California Gyms in Bangkok, he cashed up and cleared off back to California with all the membership money the mugs had paid in.

On yer bike...............:clap2:

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Gyms are a total waste of money and sometimes a total con remember California Gyms in Bangkok, he cashed up and cleared off back to California with all the membership money the mugs had paid in.

Oh no, good places to meet new 'friends'......

6 hours ago, lapd said:

I go to the one in Naklua but I believe there is also one on the dark side. Equipment is decent but they don't turn the aircon up very high.  So it's still kind of like a sauna in there sometimes.  Only a little cooler than outside.  Especially if you are downstairs doing cardio.

But the price is right, so I put up with it for now.  I just wish they would turn the aircon up a little more.  Some days are worse than others depending on how hot/humid it is outside.  I tried asking the thai girl if she can turn it up and got that stereotypical Thai deer in the headlights look which basically means "no, now leave me along and go away". I'm sure the boss told them to keep it low and they probably think it's just fine since they are just sitting there staring at their phone right underneath one of the air conditioners.

They have 3 gyms, you can meet the boss at NONG PRUE gym, and yes aircon is sometimes not cold enough for me (and you it seems) but it is cool enough for 99% Thai, and gyms also have fans.