PM encourages use of food carriers made of metal to reduce global warming

webfact

dd67bc8412c568bba74e6bbc0a14838a_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 10 September 2019(NNT) - Prime Minister’s Office Minister Thewan Liptapanlop invited executive officials of the Office of the Consumer Protection Board to meet with Gen Prayut and propose an end to the use of plastic bags and to promote the use of metal food containers and cloth bags, in an effort to reduce plastic waste which often affects the environment.

The prime minister encouraged everyone to help reduce plastic garbage, solve environmental problems and thereby reduce global warming.

Deputy Prime Minister/Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, today presented a campaign on good safety, good health, good jobs and happiness in workplaces.

The campaign calls for working people to take care of their own health and create a good quality of life. The prime minister said today that Thai people should not be interested so much in social media, particularly concerning trivial matters, and urged all government agencies to make the people understand their performance.

The prime minister also viewed a public relations activity and special exhibition on Qin Shi Huang, the first emperor of China, and the army of clay soldiers.

The exhibition which showcases artifacts over 2,700 years-old, is being held at the National Museum Phra Nakhon from September 15 to December 15, 2019. He suggested the Thai people study a foreign country’s history by viewing such a rare exhibition.

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, nev said:
26 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yes yes, and just what is our illustrious leader thinking while looking at that food carrier?

'I can carry four frogs at the same time in one of those.'

I really think he is thinking how do you open it

Obviously with the use of one of those newly acquired APCs. After checking it with a GT-200 of course.

• Haha 1

The idea of using these containers is already in operation in a few countries.  However, those using it never got around to doing the weekly shop using them mainly because it is impossible to put large goods, such as a loaf of bread, large cans of fruit juice, among other things in them.  Tried it once in Japan and the bread was just not the same as it came out squashed.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

metal food containers are less practical than those plastic ones. Metal is temperature conductive, so your hot/cold food can't be kept that long. Also metal containers do come in multiple stacks, so you have to carry all of them, even if only part is needed. They are also not water tight, so no soups, souses.

i am all for environment. Plastic containers and glass jars can also be used multiple times. 

If this government is so concerned about prosperity of workers, why after 5 years of their rule there are still 3mln workers doing 30k per year and why there are 10mln (so over 30% of workforce) doing 100k/year?

The PM and the government should concentrate on such matters, not on metal food containers.

Edited by londonthai
  • Like 1

"The campaign calls for working people to take care of their own health and create a good quality of life. The prime minister said today that Thai people should not be interested so much in social media, particularly concerning trivial matters, and urged all government agencies to make the people understand their performance."

The little General is so out of touch with reality.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He should of though to use one before he was sprung eating out of a styrofoam container while on his plane burning up fuel and increasing global warming.

He is wide open and just lends himself to it. His minders need to take better care of him.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1122007-govt-spokeswoman-apologizes-to-pm-prayut-for-showing-him-eating-from-a-plastic-container/

• Like 1

The Thai Gov't wants to reduce Global Warming? What a joke! Here is a suggestion: Digiitze the Government instead of having to provide a mountain of "Paperwork" every time a transaction is made with the Government. Immigration Paperwork; Land Office Paperwork; Banking Paperwork. I wonder where they store all of it? A Thai Business Friend told me that Thailand will never digitize the Government because it is too hard to cover up the corruption. LOL.

6 hours ago, londonthai said:

metal food containers are less practical than those plastic ones. Metal is temperature conductive, so your hot/cold food can't be kept that long. Also metal containers do come in multiple stacks, so you have to carry all of them, even if only part is needed. They are also not water tight, so no soups, souses.

Depends, we got one set that has silicone seals and is configurable from one to three layers. Works well. Got it from Mr. DIY a couple of years back, I think Japanese. IIRC in India they got scooters delivering food in those, I guess they come and collect them back next day or something. In any case, beats the hell out of styrofoam and plastic bags.

• Like 2

I have been seeing folks (usually office girls) getting their coffee and tea in thermal mugs which is cool as it cuts down on waste.

I have been thinking about getting one for my Chai Manao, but damn, its one more thing to carry and I am fully loaded as it is. I do use Platypus bottles though.

I like the idea of food containers and have been thinking about buying one for the trips across the street, but I wouldnt carry it all day.