Lack of European visitors the cause of Thailand's tourism woes, says hotelier

webfact

9 minutes ago, davidstipek said:

everyone Is blaming Issues here on TM30 and TN=M28... In the first place why are they needed? Immigration know who everyone is and where they are Lodged. It is not the responsibility of Land Lords, Wife, Family and Businesses to report where every Tourist is. This Is an Immigrations issue, if they were keeping records as the "ARE" required to do. 30 day Visa's. 60 day even 90 day they have everyone Passport Number Address and Visa number. If system does not show them exiting Thailand when required, Immigration needs to go look for them! Period!  ! year Visa, Retirees, and everyone else is doing a 90 day report. This is suppose to tell Immigration where everyone else is (Addresses) every three months. The only logically reason for the requirement of the TM30 and TM28 is to do someone in Immigration's Job for them... Why? First of all we are not allowed to work! If I am doing a Government Job for them... I Damn well want to be paid for it! The real hurt on the economy here is requiring Thai Citizens and Businesses to pay fines for someone failure.... 

Wonder who is really keeping this cash flow, is this the real reason these forms are being pushed down the throats of Thai People?

If someone has stayed beyond their exit dat... Immigration knows... It's in the system right? Then go get them and do "Your " job!

The 2nd Logical reason for these forms is for Tax Purposes.  "Income"! and who is not reporting it. The way Thai Citizens are treated by their own Government is appalling!. Can any one blame people for not reporting? Does not the Bureau of Taxation keep records? do inspections? Or just a chair in an office  where they reside... telling their Bosses how over worked they are (Yet nothing to show for it...)

This is not by any means injection the loss of face on anyone! It is showing the real reasons why Thailand has forced the use of the TM30 and TM28. No wonder there is a double price for everything here, someone has to replace funds that are being used (Minus any Brown Envelopes… if you please) 

This is why people are afraid to rent rooms anymore. I get what retirement I can from the Government so I tried to increase it to help my family expenses (Neighbor just told me...) But it's not worth it anymore, I just end up giving it to the Government! They always find a way...

This is just one Major reason Tourists are staying away... They Love Thailand, their longtime friends love them too. But we are tired of Thailand always finding a way to take what they can and then run... Politicians not caring one Iota about Thailand or its people and future

I will stop here before I really get upset! I am here by Karma... Served my Oversea' duty here, went home! Survived (Thailand Protected me!!) Married Stateside Thai Lady, Ordained a Monk... to learn more, Retired and returned to the Country Kingdom who made sure I survived, returned to Thailand with my Wife to help her take care of her family as She had done in America.... Karma.... say what you want... Just plain Old Honest to Goodness Karma!

Thanks for that.

Yes i believe in Karma too.

But as i have said before, expats not really that bothered about the TM30 etc.

Its their money that they are bothered about. 

Hence why so many now are so uncomfortable with their living standards.

Lets be all honest here, most expats chose to live in Thailand for a few reasons. 

Years ago when they moved there (i will use £ as i dont have access to how other currencies were) 65 bht to £.

I moved to Thailand Dec 2016 i was getting 48bht to £. Now 36.

Rentals not gone down...but up approx 30% in that time. Electric up approx 4

26%.

Now work it out. Expats pension money they receive can not allow them to keep up the expendature of living. 

Esp as we all know most expats are chasing a younger 3 times a week thai or fillipino to keep them company in and out of bed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I never found bar stools to be comfortable either... ????

Never sat on a bar stool myself im not that sad farang who tried to live the 'dream' of a young thai or fillipino for company ????????????????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Funded by a 50 baht rise AOT fee on taxis...

Yes after waiting An hour and a half to Don Muang to enter the smile country I have to wait another 10 minutes and pay 50 baths for have the right to take the taxi, a really brilliant idea to attract more tourists

• Like 2

Actually basing the assessment 9f the situation only on number of tourists doesn't have much meaning.  It's the total of money spent by tourists that matters.  Having low number of tourists who spend substantial amount of money is way better than Getting 30 million of packpackers and cheap tours tourists

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djlest said:

i was planning a two week vacation all around Thailand at nice hotels, then i realized i would have to do TM30 so i cancelled my trip and instead... ill stay home and watch netflix and spend my hard earned money buying <deleted> from china. mai pen rai - up to you Thailand

Bit dramatic. Up to the hotels to file them and you file just one tm28 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Is it as simple as the childish TAT cant admit they miss us Whitey's?

Its obvious, I used to come here for a month at a time, rent a car the whole time and hotels, hotels, hotels... i do all the islands, time and time again... Been all over Thailand countless times.

Im now married and stuck at home too dam scarred of the tm30 and too poor with the baht????????

Whitey's like to have fun and fun costs money! Whitey's see value in this????

tourist don't need to do a tm30

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1