WOW! The water is actually CLEAN and CLEAR on Jomtien Beach

webfact

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

Nice bit of journalistic license there. 

In my translation from the Thai there is some license but I was trying to convey the sense of the story from one language to another. It struck me that 77kaoded were 'avin' a laff with this too. 

Rooster

5 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Went in ankle deep on Pattaya beach today, playing with a toddler.  Water was slightly less disgusting than usual, but still expecting said limbs will have to be amputated in the next couple of weeks.

Are you saying that you actually 'went in' without any form of protection.... ?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Lol, yep.  Any idea of the usual life expectancy?  Is there time to get my affairs in order?

I have heard that with some medical attention, therapy and regular medications you can virtually live a normal life.......

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2019 at 3:07 PM, madmen said:

There are a million beaches around the world where you can't see the sand below so Jomtien is looking better

No matter how "clean" it looks ..... In my 14 years of coming here, I have NEVER entered the waters off Jomtien Beach or Pattaya Beach ... and will NEVER do in the future. I leave that to the Tourists ......

8 hours ago, Awinkl said:

No matter how "clean" it looks ..... In my 14 years of coming here, I have NEVER entered the waters off Jomtien Beach or Pattaya Beach ... and will NEVER do in the future. I leave that to the Tourists ......

Over the course of several high season visits, I would have spent a couple of hundred hours or so in total swimming at Jomtien beach. Never made me sick yet, maybe I’m just spectacularly lucky.

9 hours ago, Awinkl said:

I think Jomtien used to be OK maybe ten years ago which is the last time I swam in it.  Sure I would see some plastic and stuff floating around, but I never had any issues.  Now after the condo construction glut, there is just too much waste and sewer runoff.  Things were not great before all those high rises, so just where do you think they pump or dump all that grey water