Whistleblower complaint describes White House cover-up on Trump-Ukraine scandal

webfact

2 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Not strictly true. The democrats could always do it the mature way. You know, win an election. But I think with the appalling behavior over the last 3 years of witch-hunt on top of witch-hunt and hysterical tantrums, that running a sensible campaign would be extremely difficult to do at this late stage.

Agreed. 

IMO if the Dems do not nominate a real progressive, forward thinking candidate like Tulsi Gabbard or Mayor Pete, they are relying on hope and more of the same political posturing from candidates giving promises that they have no way of keeping, only to get elected. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

They will if significant public opinion is in favor of impeachment.

Yes in a true democracy public opinion counts. 

My cynical view after voting in america for 42 years is that members of congress are bought and paid for, and thus elected by Big corporations and the Military Industrial complex, not public opinion.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dundas said:

Because one set of allegations are about a man with consistently toxic behaviour so are probably true (but yet to be confirmed until all the facts are in, LOL),  the other set of allegations are the rants of a schoolyard bully whose MO is 'no, I didn't do anything bad, you did!!!! Why aren't they investigating Hilary? Why aren't they investigating Biden?'

So in other words hypocrites ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, coverup attempt or not, an awful lot has been uncovered already. Emphasis on awful. 

The impeachment process is on, for better or worse. It's happening. It can't be stopped. Here we go.

All it means is that Biden is finished. Warren is promising an extra $2,400 a yer to people on SS.

I knew they would throw Biden under the bus a long time ago and you can track my posts on that. Kamala Harris did it literally and now they are sabotaging their front runner again.

I hope with the SS fund running out of money by 2030 that any extended benefits will not apply to anybody living abroad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I wouldn't call it Liberal, I'd simply call it correct. Trump is not impeached yet. He COULD be impeached.

He will be impeached - unless he resigns first - as this only requires a simple majority in the House.

He may or may not be convicted during his trial in the Senate. But Republican Senators will be forced to vote yea/nay on individual article(s) of impeachment.

Any further stone-walling by the adminstration will simply add another count of Obstruction of Justice.

Really no way out for the president.

Probably the same for the vp, ag, sec. of state, and whatever Rudy is.

"At long last sir, have you no sense of decency?"

Not sure who plays John Dean here? Steven Engel?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dundas said:

Judging by their (non) actions I think that members of the Republican Party are convinced that he is innocent, innocent and more innocent, regardless of whether he is proven guilty or not. I would also be concerned about the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' when Trump is trying his hardest to influence the justice system, ie, appointing judges on the Supreme Court that are likely to deliver favourable outcomes for him. 

Republicans are biased as are Democrats.  No argument there.

As to Trump appointing judges to the Supreme Court, both Democrats and Republicans choose justices who they believe will be favorable for them.  It would be disingenuous to imply that Trump is the only President ever who has appointed justices with that in mind.  I'd consider your argument on that point as failed in the least.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

He will be impeached - unless he resigns first - as this only requires a simple majority in the House.

Yes, he COULD be impeached in case there is evidence. I don't think we're there yet.

So, he WILL be impeached if there's enough evidence, yes. But it's not there yet.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Not strictly true. The democrats could always do it the mature way. You know, win an election. But I think with the appalling behavior over the last 3 years of witch-hunt on top of witch-hunt and hysterical tantrums, that running a sensible campaign would be extremely difficult to do at this late stage.

That’s funney coming from a non American lol the dems won the popular vote Donald won the old holdover from the slave days electoral college with help from a hostile foreign power the witch hunt you refer to has put some swamp critters in prison and more to join soon the one and only reason Donald isent on trial is because he is potus they won’t indite a sitting potus but if it makes you feel better call it a witch hunt lol Donald May finally get what’s coming to him!

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Yes, he COULD be impeached in case there is evidence. I don't think we're there yet.

Yes, of course, I was stating my opinion.

Unless he resigns first, which seems a push today (or otherwise leaves office), I am 100% confident he will be impeached, based solely on the evidence (his statements, his tweets, the WB complaint, and the transcript) which he has provided to date.

Witnesses like WH staff, Jared, Ivanka, Pompeo, Barr, Pence, Rudy (reliable witness?) and even the president via a video deposition will by jimmies on top.

Ironic that he who whines about email servers is undone by nefarious server activity within the WH.

Norway, if you're listening...

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, of course, I was stating my opinion.

Unless he resigns first, which seems a push today (or otherwise leaves office), I am 100% confident he will be impeached, based solely on the evidence (his statements, his tweets, the WB complaint, and the transcript) which he has provided to date.

Witnesses like WH staff, Jared, Ivanka, Pompeo, Barr, Pence, Rudy (reliable witness?) and even the president via a video deposition will by jimmies on top.

I'm not so sure, to be fair.

There's a political issue that comes into play as well. The Democrats will have to take into account the high possibility that the President is never convicted of anything, and that is unlikely given what I have seen so far and that a two thirds majority vote in the Senate is required.

• Confused 2