ExGirlfriend Holding My Stuff At Randsome

ExpatLife

12 hours ago, rhyddid said:

Change cell number, off from social media, go somewhere you can relax enjoy a fortnight trip and talk to her 15 days after.

It will cost more if you involve the police.

Bit late mate, he got his <deleted> back. 

Apparently there is a point to actually standing up for yourself. 

Seems pretty common for folk on here to accept being a doormat. 

• Like 1

Get her to put it in writing (email/line) what she wants for your property.  Get in writing exactly what she will return to you for what amount of money - get a list of every itewm.  Agree to pay that amount of money and agree what day/time you will be there to pick it up.  Then when you have it in writing get a Thai lawyer and both go to the Police and show them what she has written. This proves she is blackmailing you to return your own property that she has stated in writing is your property.  You and your lawyer convince the police to attend with you on the agreed day/time and take back your property.  Your lawyer (not you) negotiates what if any 'fee' is required to cover the police costs involved while you take back your property.  That is a plan - maybe work - maybe not.

3 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Reading over this thread, it really is a good indicator of how many "expats" in Thailand actually live in ignorance and fear. 

Even after the op updated the thread informing us that he did get the majority of his possessions back with the unpaid aid of the police (gasp), the advice to roll over, give up, walk away, be careful etc still flows in. 

No wonder there is so much bitterness on these forums, you have all given up. 

One crazy Thai woman does not have power over you, your visa, or your freedom. 

They do not have pull with the police or immigration. 

Be preemptive, file a report, document communications and grow a set. 

Why would you be willing to simply walk away from what is yours? 

The mind reels. 

Looks like I am late.  As metempsychotic said - be preemptive and be prepared when living with a Thai, and never give up so easy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I’m not saying it has never happened but is it really that common. 

During my many years coming here and knowing many foreigners who have married I’ve yet to see a case first hand where this has occurred. 

Couples have split yes but not in this way. 

I agree.    I have been here many years too,   and I have never known anyone who actually lost their house.

25 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I agree.    I have been here many years too,   and I have never known anyone who actually lost their house.

And because you personally don't know anyone who "actually lost their house" then it goes without saying that no farang has ever lost their house here? I think there's one blogger/vlogger that was inspired to 'educate' others after his own personal matrimonial trainwreck... or maybe it was his alleged friend's misfortune? Either way, they're out there.

24 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I look at it this way. There's probably a handful of foreigners that have lost the house, shop, apartments, farm or whatever 'shared' landholding they had through marriage to a local. When they come up empty handed, they tend to slink off back home rather than stick around and draw the criticism and ridicule of fellow, holier-than-thou farangs who have cleverly avoided such happenstance through proxy ownership and other legally questionable constructs... and keeping their cock in their pants.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My recommend is move on, accept that life sucks and learn the lesson.

If he's been to the police and they said they'd arrest him if he went back, there is nothing left, IMO, unless one wants to break in, get the gear and leave the country same day, OR pay the <deleted> to get it back.

Too late now, but for others in that situation, don't alert the <deleted>, wait till she's out of the house, and take everything, move to another location in another part of LOS, change phone number etc and never communicate with her again.

oh really?

but what if you are wrong?

1 hour ago, Spaniel said:

I have, a lot! Not only a house, their life-savings!

36 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

And because you personally don't know anyone who "actually lost their house" then it goes without saying that no farang has ever lost their house here? I think there's one blogger/vlogger that was inspired to 'educate' others after his own personal matrimonial trainwreck... or maybe it was his alleged friend's misfortune? Either way, they're out there.

I look at it this way. There's probably a handful of foreigners that have lost the house, shop, apartments, farm or whatever 'shared' landholding they had through marriage to a local. When they come up empty handed, they tend to slink off back home rather than stick around and draw the criticism and ridicule of fellow, holier-than-thou farangs who have cleverly avoided such happenstance through proxy ownership and other legally questionable constructs... and keeping their cock in their pants.

Exactly. 

Without someone sharing their story, like the OP did ... what's left on the forum? Only news from Prayut and how to move this country forward?

But no, they get shot down as stupid, silly and a scam. 

Stupid & silly ok ... that's what can be discussed, for a heads up to others, maybe who are just about to get into the same situations.

(being in 'love' here, in Thailand, can make you do pretty stupid things)

And there are many who are doing it, guy after guy ...

You just have follow the Thai forums for a few years ... and next week another one. It's a vicious, never ending circle of new guys getting on to that rollercoaster. ???? 

Edited by RedPill

18 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

NOT from Lazada. I was looking for one last week and all the reviews said they were worthless. Try Amazon or some Western company that isn't going to source fakes from China.

I got a 1TB 'WD' My passport, from Lazada 2 years ago. Has saved me a few times ... working ok. Definitely not a fake.

But ok, backup to the cloud is better anyways, cost you only a few bucks per month, and you can access it from every where, all the time, without the need of any physical device, which you can also lose, or breaks, gets water over it or whatever.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

not if your drives are encrypted, then they have nothing. they cant even boot.

Yeah, I know that, I've posted this before. But have you ever interacted with the expats around you, asking you to fix their computer problems?

Encryption is a bit too far over their heads, believe me. 

Better start the education about having a backup first ... baby steps ... ????

Look, the topic is still: 'My stuff is hold at randsom', computer included.

Online, there is randsomeware, which holds your computer at randsome.

Off-line, there are Thai girls doing it ;-))

.... Same principle applies ????

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedPill said:

I got a 1TB 'WD' My passport, from Lazada 2 years ago. Has saved me a few times ... working ok. Definitely not a fake.

I think that's a mobile hard disk, isn't it, rather than a thumb drive which the OP was advised to buy. I have something similar. The cheap thumbs sold on Lazada are reported to have only a fraction of the claimed capacity.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think that's a mobile hard disk, isn't it, rather than a thumb drive which the OP was advised to buy. I have something similar. The cheap thumbs sold on Lazada are reported to have only a fraction of the claimed capacity.

Yes, a proper mobile USB external HDD, no thumb stick

Like this, less or around 2k Baht, no problem from Lazada

IMG_1105.JPG

Edited by RedPill

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Please try to get a life my friend.     I just said that in my long time here, since 1967,  I personally  never knew anyone that had lost their house but also I am sure that this has happened, I just didn't know anyone who had this misfortune.

19 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Please try to get a life my friend.     I just said that in my long time here, since 1967,  I personally  never knew anyone that had lost their house but also I am sure that this has happened, I just didn't know anyone who had this misfortune.

555 sorry, honestly, no offense, but living since 1967 here, and never met any Farang or talked to anyone Farang lost his house here to a Thai girl? 

Where have you have been living since 1967?

Sorry, really no offense, but I just try to grasp what you are trying to say, it's so hard to believe ????

Edited by RedPill

6 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

What is so hard to believe?   Please re-read my post.   I said I didn't know anyone personally that lost their house.   Thanks for posting.      

I know what you said. I still find it very hard to believe. What you say is a bit surreal, to say the least ????

Are you talking to Farangs around you sometimes?

Where did you live here since 1967? But ok, if it is as you said, then it is like it

... every day something new surprise me here.

Edited by RedPill

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And not made in China ????

What's not made in China? ... or especially HDD's, cheaply manufactured and assembled in Thailand a lot!

There is a NL-Hoofddorp mentioning on the sticker, at least something, and states a product of Malaysia.

But bull talk aside, I bought it at Lazada 2 years ago, it's working very fine, till today.

I know it's not the only thing I can trust, the contingency plan to protect my personal data goes a bit further for me.

I don't know about others and what they do, or don't do, I just give a heads up to be careful and start somewhere, better than doing nothing, which most do. How many people do you know have a backup?

I mostly see people crying afterwards ????

Edited by RedPill

What's not made in China? ... or especially HDD's, cheaply manufactured and assembled in Thailand a lot!

There is a NL-Hoofddorp mentioning on the sticker, at least something, and states a product of Malaysia.

But bull talk aside, I bought it at Lazada 2 years ago, it's working very fine, till today.

I know it's not the only thing I can trust, the contingency plan to protect my personal data goes a bit further for me.
I don't know about others and what they do, or don't do, I just give a heads up to be careful and start somewhere, better than doing nothing, which most do. How many people do you know have a backup?

I mostly see people crying afterwards [emoji6]

How many people do you know ( personally ) that have been ‘hacked’?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

How many people do you know ( personally ) that have been ‘hacked’?

A lot, 100's and 1000's, including huge companies, IT Security was my profession for 25 years, before I became a lame Thailand expat.

Stop talking and weasel around, start to accept the facts. And also, just start to accept simple things, like making a backup.

Why is it a big talk? Most don't have one ... I see it all the time!

Expats around me ask me a lot to fix their computer, they don't have a backup, never!

You guys are unbelievable ... oh ... made in China ... oh ... how many do you know got hacked personally? 

What's all that bull, just be happy someone is posting about it, to remind you to protect your personal data.

I'm not selling you something, just give simple advice.

The worst thing which can happen to an expat living far away from home is that his laptop is gone, with all his internet banking, credit card info etc. stored on it. It's a horrible feeling to get it all back up and running.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

No Nordic or Latino then?

my response was pretty clear i thought. 

sure its not you with the ropey english?

i wasnt even aware nordic or latino were languages.

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RedPill said:

All of your posts so far in this thread, are not with the intend to help people, they are just for the sake of you posting something ... 

You really think his Thai partner would have had the ability to destroy his life my taking over his digital life......really??think you've been watching too many movies.

I'm not at all worried about getting my computer hacked, not in the slightest, not one little bit.....

You personally know 100s and 1000s of people who have been hacked - thanks for that, i always like a good laugh, your posts certainly provide that!

• Haha 1