Despite all the Frustrations - You have Just Got to Love Thailand

Pilotman

On 9/28/2019 at 9:32 AM, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Fully agree. The UK winters are nowhere a harsh as some make out. Of course, they just say that as one way to justify to themselves why they live here.

Yeah, but dank, dark and cloudy for months on end wears you down. I'm not British, btw.

• Like 1

So lovely to see a positive post about Thailand.  Sure there are little inconveniences like Visas, but hey it's not our Country.  Just completed a Schengen and UK Visa for my Thai better half.  By the time we had collected all the documents together, we has about an inch of paper work to give to the authorities.  Did my own Thai Visa the other day and had about 8 pieces of paper, so just makes it all relevant.  Up at 0715 and walked the dogs for about 30 minutes, then on to the verandah for a delicious breakfast in the sunshine and listenting to the birds singing their heads off because it was after all sunny!  Because it's Sunday, the Housekeeper (who is a really lovely Lady and spoils Papa a great deal) has a day off and we are shortly due to go for coffee with Friends, then siesta this afternoon as we are off to a House Party this evening, which is to be held outside at the beach, with lots of lovely (and very pretty) young Thai Lady Friends.   Life for me here, is probably as good as it can get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One day on from my original post and the sun is still shining  the birds still singing, the Eagles beat the Packers and Lewis is on the front row for tonight's Russian GP.   Today has started well. When you are comfortable in a place, it doesn't take that much  to stay reasonably contented. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Although the Eagles beating the Packers and Lewis being in the front row for the GP didnt just happen in Thailand .

Wherever you were in the World , those things would have happened the same 

not sure that I follow that logic.  You mean that happiness can only be found in the country in which you are located and not  also from external sources?  Try telling that to the many Premier League football fanatics on this forum.  if that is your view, then it is an odd perspective, if I may say so. 

31 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

It's the heat that wears people down, mate.

I think there is something much different on here. It's not only the heat ????

I've been 10-13 years ago on a forum, Phuket-info. We discussed the exact same things back then, as they come up today on here as well.

But back then, people could discuss same topics, give advise, take advise, create friendships, make some jokes about it, it was all fun.

The difference is, on here TV, people don't try to create a sort of bounding, or support to each other. It's all bickering, from the start, immediately.

It doesn't matter what someone posts, a page later, he get's shot down being troll, or it's all utter nonsense, or a perv or whatever.

Expats on here, don't like each other. And it shows, thread after thread.

Most people, after a few years here, lost all of their common sense and ability to keep a discussion to the point ...

I think this forum is just too big and too anonymous.

It doesn't reflect what the people write on here and how the act when you meet them in real tomorrow.

You would think guys living abroad together, would stuck together. Far from it.

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No , if Eagles beating the Packers made you happy . then that would have made you happy wherever you were , being in Thailand has nothing to do with it

It has, but it would be too long a reply to explain the connections. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

One day on from my original post and the sun is still shining  the birds still singing, the Eagles beat the Packers and Lewis is on the front row for tonight's Russian GP.   Today has started well. When you are comfortable in a place, it doesn't take that much  to stay reasonably contented. 

I still haven't stopped cringing after reading this. 'lewis' haha

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No , if Eagles beating the Packers made you happy . then that would have made you happy wherever you were , being in Thailand has nothing to do with it

excepting that the post-game entertainment is better ????‍♂️????????‍♂️???? 

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Of course. Pilotman is just one of these very smug, over happy types, the sort that would approach you in the supermarket and start talking to you with a big silly grin on his face.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I've just had a corned beef sandwich with a nice mug of English tea. Rugby is on later (I don't know if any other countries in the world are showing it but it's certainly on in Thailand) and later the wife and I are going out for some somtam and sticky rice, then home to bed. All this while the sun is shining and the birds are singing too (I really don't know if there is sun and birds in other countries but who cares they are here)

I am blessed, and have to pinch myself to make sure this blissful life I have isn't just a dream.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Of course. Pilotman is just one of these very smug, over happy types, the sort that would approach you in the supermarket and start talking to you with a big silly grin on his face.

I never talk to strangers, my Mum taught me that.  To be honest, I haven't  come across many people worth talking to. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, robertson468 said:

So lovely to see a positive post about Thailand.  Sure there are little inconveniences like Visas, but hey it's not our Country.  Just completed a Schengen and UK Visa for my Thai better half.  By the time we had collected all the documents together, we has about an inch of paper work to give to the authorities.  Did my own Thai Visa the other day and had about 8 pieces of paper, so just makes it all relevant.  Up at 0715 and walked the dogs for about 30 minutes, then on to the verandah for a delicious breakfast in the sunshine and listenting to the birds singing their heads off because it was after all sunny!  Because it's Sunday, the Housekeeper (who is a really lovely Lady and spoils Papa a great deal) has a day off and we are shortly due to go for coffee with Friends, then siesta this afternoon as we are off to a House Party this evening, which is to be held outside at the beach, with lots of lovely (and very pretty) young Thai Lady Friends.   Life for me here, is probably as good as it can get.

why is a house party being held outside at the beach, is the house built that close on the beach???  Are you a member of the English royalty by the way????

On 9/28/2019 at 9:55 AM, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Positive topic? He's just used it as a stick to bash the UK with, pretty pathetic. So it's so great here because he had a mug of coffee and a sandwich?? Right, ok, got it.

Ah, you seem like a fun guy to be around.

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

It doesn't matter what someone posts, a page later, he get's shot down being troll, or it's all utter nonsense, or a perv or whatever.

Expats on here, don't like each other. And it shows, thread after thread.

Well the OP did suggest that he was an Eagles fan...

23 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

No website such PhilippinesVisa because a blind retard can sort out 3 year stay without leaving the country.

Thailand the Land of Smiles versus Philippines the Land of Blind Retards.

Couldn't have summed it up better myself.

Thanks!

NL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

No, that's not Pilotman, that would be me.