‘Love, Money, and Obligation ’: Why (some) Isaan women love Caucasions

Yinn

This one the new book maybe interesting some you guys.

In Isaan culture, the village is organized by matrilocal kinship system whereby son-in-laws are expected to support their wives by remitting money from their wages to upbring the household without earning the mantle of leadership.

However, as Isaan men masculinity has been associated – whether fairly or unfairly – with undesirable habits like drinking away family funds and cheating on their spouses, they are sometimes seen as a bad option for Isaan women.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/2019/10/02/love-money-and-obligation-why-some-isaan-women-love-farangs/

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Matthew Brag, an "Instagram celebrity", and his "celebrity actress " fiance Praya Suandokmai (Lundberg), are hardly typical farang-Thai couplings. Both are young and picture perfect and thrive on publicity.

And she not Issan person. Her dad is caucasion and mum is fro Ang Thong. (Central). Yinn just post from the link.

This one, Sunaree is from Korat (Issan). 

She famous Lukthung singer. On TV a lot.

She got the caucasion guy 20 year younger! 

C5E28D75-A199-41F5-8704-07A125F4A88E.jpeg

0EE019FD-A684-4A6F-800F-F065A1F62422.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

In Isaan culture, the village is organized by matrilocal kinship system whereby son-in-laws are expected to support their wives by remitting money from their wages to upbring the household without earning the mantle of leadership.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I can however confirm that my current wife's first Thai husband fitted all the bad categories of the Thai male ! 

I could see @RichardColeman that the 1st husband would have rathered to turn in his grave, than to follow that bit, above, that Yinn had detailed...   

'cos I mean,,, surely all sons in law would be expected to follow the same rules! no matter what skin they wear...

34 minutes ago, Yinn said:

And she not Issan person. Her dad is caucasion and mum is fro Ang Thong. (Central). Yinn just post from the link.

I was aware she was the daughter of Swede (Lundberg) and a Thai woman and was not from Isaan.. However the link you posted showed this couple when the article written by  Tappanai Boonbandit, Staff Reporter concerned Isaan women marrying farangs. A bit sloppy on the reporters part I would say.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I am pretty sure she fooled you good. ????????????

no, she would leave me right after after the sex party every time, she didnt want to be seen with me due to embarrassment.

she also is millions of times richer then me, in US currency.

she never asked for money since

she knew i couldnt even pay her electric.

in her opinion, i had absolutely nothing going for me beside my penis & discretion

Edited by brokenbone
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

no, she would leave me right after after the sex party every time, she didnt want to be seen with me due to embarrassment.

in her opinion, i had absolutely nothing going for me beside my penis & discretion

The often heard "huge penis" love that attracts rich women to poor foreigners, if they can afford it to pay the best looking guys.

But it's a great story. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

Yeah, now everybody can read about that lovely discretion. ????????

Please feel free to take pleasure of your own dream as long as possible.

• Haha 1

It is apples and oranges from the start.  The way one was raised and the background differences that have literally nothing in common can make it very  hard to relate and converse.  Telling jokes or making references to things can be really challenging.  Language, education, tuff.  At the physical level things can be obvious, but that wears off.  Material level, well, hard to say that is not important.  Of course many of the ladies are to some level thinking of ways to improve their life, thinking of money, their own house, and to some extent showing off a bit.  No problems with that.  We all have a bit of that thought process in the back of our minds. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Was the headline a question, or were you trying to answer your own headline. Anyway, failed both. What´s the meaning of this thread? Please help me understand.

Is a book review. 

Read the link, you can understand. Not my word, I copy and paste it.

i thought maybe interesting some member because it book about same life them.

Calm down. If you not like it, read another one.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

You can't buy love nor friends.

So true. 

I think many guy try. They fail, is impossible.

Then they angry everyone for there mistake.