Climate Change: An unstoppable movement takes hold

rooster59

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

I've core samples can provide data going back thousands of years. Those from East Antarctica have provided climate info from up to 800,000 years ago.

And among other things, I've got a Macallan 1926 single malt.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, quandow said:

Air, too. We need to stop burning fossil fuels as soon as possible.

We can help that along by

not using our cars

never flying again

only using electricity from renewable sources, which means of course no use of electricity in LOS.

not using mobile phones which are highly polluting to make

reporting every neighbour burning rubbish

etc.

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Me too.

Oxygen is the killer. 500 scientists have released data that oxygen kills you but it seems it can take anything from 50 to 90ish years to take effect.

I've also said that if you breath Oxygen you will die and you will also die if you don't breath Oxygen!I wonder how many of the 500 scientist have studied the environment and the affects humans are having on it?Or do they mostly just read someone else's stuff and say "yeah that sounds about right".That goes for both sides of the argument.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Add Text

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As the oceans warm, two things happen. Ice caps melt. Hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones intensify - the warmer the water, the higher the energy released and the higher the wind speed. Entropy doing its thing. If that's not climate change, I don't know what is.

Oceans also absorb carbon dioxide. They acidify, resulting in coral dieback. and disruption of food chains.

Science 101. However, masses of people persist with the delusion there is such a thing as a free lunch.

1] the hurricanes etc are becoming milder since beginning of century

2] the oceans dont go acid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Basic thermodynamics. The heat we generate is absorbed by the oceans. Before the Industrial Revolution, the contribution of humans to heat was infinitesimal. Weren't enough of us, no planes, cars or power stations. No air conditioners set at 18 C.

As the oceans warm, two things happen. Ice caps melt. Hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones intensify - the warmer the water, the higher the energy released and the higher the wind speed. Entropy doing its thing. If that's not climate change, I don't know what is.

Oceans also absorb carbon dioxide. They acidify, resulting in coral dieback. and disruption of food chains.

Science 101. However, masses of people persist with the delusion there is such a thing as a free lunch.

Re the oceans getting more acidic, it seems that some sea life with shells are starting to lose shell thickness because of it.

Ocean temperatures increasing releases more water vapour into the atmosphere and as it's water vapour that carries all the energy ( dry air doesn't ) it causes lower atmosphere density that causes bigger areas of low pressure that results in higher wind speeds and on it goes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

1] the hurricanes etc are becoming milder since beginning of century

2] the oceans dont go acid

I guess I should throw my science qualifications into the trash basket, as you obviously know better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

The oceans can become less basic, but they cannot become acidic. Alarmists would have us believe that any noticeable change in the natural world is a result of human increase in the atmospheric CO2, the increase is a mere .0048% of atmospheric gases. Even though CO2 is a weak greenhouse gas, and a 10x stronger and much more prevalent greenhouse gas (.2% to 4%) water, fluctuates in its percentage continuously and is not blamed for any changes in the natural world. A humid day traps magnitudes more heat  than CO2 could in a year. And water vapor can reverse its heating effect by becoming liquid, which blocks heat from the sun. Warming creates humidity and humidity causes clouds, clouds block warming and cause rain. Water plus plus air pressure plus cold outer space control the temperature. All three are linked and balanced. Heating comes from the sun.

The climate record shows CO2 increase is driven by temperature increases. But it doesn't show the reverse. In the last 50 years we have seen significant CO2 increases without the corresponding rise in temperature. The world has been warming at a consistent pace for 10,000 years.  

Dude you look scientific. Here:

WHAT WAS THE TEMPERATURE AT THE START OF THE INDUSTRIAL AGE? 

Why can no one ever answer that. And if you can, where does the data come from?

• Confused 1

I wonder how many of the indignant, ignorant, hypocrites (and I'm not necessarily referring to Thaivisa posters) who pontificate about alleged significant climate change and humans' ability to change it ever actually do anything about it personally?   Apart from whinging about 7-11s, that is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude you look scientific. Here:

WHAT WAS THE TEMPERATURE AT THE START OF THE INDUSTRIAL AGE? 

Why can no one ever answer that. And if you can, where does the data come from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8455KEDitpU&feature=youtu.be

not surprisingly, ipcc decided to censor out data older then 1960,

for the purpose of giving the impression its linked to industry

heat during 1900.jpg

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mitkof Island said:

If we don,t stop breeding like rabbits none of this is going to matter. When i see some foreign families visiting Thailand with six or more kids. I always ask myself how many is enough?

why dont you ask yourself that when you see large thai families ?

its well known white people from west dont breed like rampant rabbit 2000,

but others do

Edited by brokenbone