Jump to content

Mandatory health insurance for Non O-A visa effective from 31 October


webfact

Recommended Posts

Mandatory health insurance for Non O-A visa effective from 31 October

 

image.jpg.6bc2298095c0071b59075dbd2fa025c1.jpg

 

Foreigners applying for a Non O-A visa will be required to purchase health insurance from 31 October.

 

The requirements, which were first proposed back in May, have now been confirmed in a police order posted on the Immigration website.

 

Applicants are required to have 40,000 baht outpatient coverage and 400,000 baht inpatient coverage.

 

According to the order, health insurance is not required for those applying for an extension of stay based on retirement and only applies to Non O-A visas.

 

Non O-A visas are obtained from an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand.

 

Full details of the new requirements can be found here: https://www.immigration.go.th/read?content_id=5d9c3b074d8a8f318362a8aa&fbclid=IwAR39UI_zBxVLedZKgZeAeYnvb0yyyIsr6SHPhnq64ohzACO7VsLUU_LlGn0

 

As of yet, there is no information on the new insurance requirements on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website and at the time of posting O-A visas are still being issued without insurance.

 

However, Thaivisa understands an official announcement is due to be made at a press conference in Bangkok later on Wednesday (9 October).

 

This is a developing news story. This post may be updated without warning.

 

RELATED: Health insurance for Non O-A is available here 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-09
 
 
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, webfact said:

According to the order, health insurance is not required for those applying for an extension of stay based on retirement and only applies to Non O-A visas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, madmen said:

Yet. And this was the number 1 reason we left Thailand. 20 days notice.... How can you really live your life and plan a future not knowing what crazy idea then law immigration will in pose next. 

 

I new it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, madmen said:

I just paid my premium for my new health insurance. Its Pacific Cross "long stay for retirement in Thailand" policy. Seriously no advertisement ....just happy to get that one out of the way. It is 40/400 and at 54 years old cost me $1000 USdollars😉😁(not sure any good ....555)

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

I have just got a multi entry from Savannahket based on marriage. Will i need insurance when i leave the country for my 90 days ?

No. You got non-O. This is about Non-OA for retirement only available in your home country. However don't be surprised when they will require insurance for all long stay visa/extension. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, webfact said:

Non O-A visas are obtained from an embassy or consulate outside of Thailand.

 

18 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Yet. And this was the number 1 reason we left Thailand. 20 days notice.... How can you really live your life and plan a future not knowing what crazy idea then law immigration will in pose next. 

 

I new it. 

why? Where you planning to go our of Thailand to apply for a new OA visa? Of not this new regulation has nothing to do with you. And if in the future they'll decide that insurance is required for extensions as well, you'll have all the time from the date of the announcement to the day you have to extend

 

9 minutes ago, Carlosm said:

I have just got a multi entry from Savannahket based on marriage. Will i need insurance when i leave the country for my 90 days ?

do you plan to go to an embassy and apply for a new OA visa when you leave Thailand for the 90 days?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ricklev said:

The 40,000 baht outpatient insurance requirement reveals to me that this is an intelligent and well thought out policy. 

 

 

 '... for the benefit of the insurance crooks and their shareholders. '  - there, fixed that 4 u ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

 

 '... for the benefit of the insurance crooks and their shareholders. '  - there, fixed that 4 u ... 

I really cannot see any other reason to include outpatient. It's ridiculous to make this compulsory and really pushes up the premiums.

 

I have nothing against compulsory health insurance for those on long-stay visas that don't qualify for the Thai scheme, which is actually far wider than this applies to, but the unnecessary inpatient section will account for at least one third of the premium.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

 

why? Where you planning to go our of Thailand to apply for a new OA visa? Of not this new regulation has nothing to do with you. And if in the future they'll decide that insurance is required for extensions as well, you'll have all the time from the date of the announcement to the day you have to extend

 

do you plan to go to an embassy and apply for a new OA visa when you leave Thailand for the 90 days?

No, just get my passport stamped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

I just paid my premium for my new health insurance. Its Pacific Cross "long stay for retirement in Thailand" policy. Seriously no advertisement ....just happy to get that one out of the way. It is 40/400 and at 54 years old cost me $1000 USdollars😉😁(not sure any good ....555)

I am 69 and just renewed with Aetna (formerly BOOOOOPA) for 72K.  It is 100% inpatient, and the coverage is <deleted> for anything serious, complicated and lengthy.  In May, when I thought the requirement might apply to me, I asked BOOOPA what additional premium would add the additional 40K of outpatient.  It was shocking!  An additional 50K if I remember right.  But the kicker was that was 2.5K per incident, for a maximum of 30 incidents in a year.  In other words, the most you could ever get paid would be 75K in the unlikely event you squeezed out every last bit of coverage.  So, 50K gets you a maximum of 75K payout. But you would never use 75K unless you had a string of really bad luck.  Ridiculous!  Glad I don't have to worry about it (for now).

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

the 400k inpatient, I can agree, the 40k outpatient ? I always paid out of pocket

and since I take much better care of what I eat... don't need 40k outpatient

 

how is the situation in other surrounding countries ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

so how much does it cost?. I pay like $700 for 7 months via some USA company. I think that gives me like a million baht inpatient, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Visa type Non-0, is the same Non O-A? or different one?

My cousin is around 48 old, stay on Non-o, does this relate to him? 

please explain about this, also if any update about the tm30, anyone process this?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...