They refused letting me out of Thailand :)

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Hi,

Yes you cannot leave thailand without cancelling your WP and visa.

First you need a letter from your school which is telling your last day of work. Then go to your immigration office ( school has nothing to do with immigration as you mentioned like its their fault) it is your responsibility to cancel your visa. WP i think thats something school must do or you can do by yourself if you want to be sure. That last day of working is your last day of visa!

After canceled your visa at immigration, you have 24 hours to leave the country or 1900 baht for another 7 days (im not sure about how many days) 

If you fly without cancelling your visa and WP, and if you come back and want to work again, it will be a problem for you. so do it now. You mentioned its been 45 days.. 2 options: talk with your work and ask their help to change the last day working date on the letter. second take the letter, and pay overstay (which will be big). Its better if you talk with the school.

I truly not suggest this but one of my friends had a problem with the last working date too. He asked her girlfriend to write a letter for the school name, and she signed it with a beautiful signature (not like thai name only signature). It worked because at the border they dont look any other info, just that letter. thats all. Again not suggested! Also you need a paper like that thai government papers ( eagle thing on the paper)

Wrong on many counts.

OP doesn't have an extension or WP. From the airport they won't care, it's a 'VISA' single entry. When he stamps out at the airport it's gone/finished unless it has enough validity to warrant a re-entry permit and he hasn't, it runs out on Monday.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Druidian said:

It's not an extension, it's an initial 3 months visa which expires on Monday. I didn't get a work permit and I changed the school. I suppose I need to overstay one day since then my visa will be no longer valid and I won't need any cancellation. I don't want to pay 20.000B for a 45-48 days overstay and have the nasty stamp in my passport.

In that case try another land crossing or fly out. You definitely won’t have an issue at the airport. It appears the officer at Mai Sai didn’t want you doing a “visa run”, or didn’t know her job.

If you don’t have an extension or work permit you have absolutely nothing to cancel or that can be cancelled.

Try to avoid an overstay if you can. Although a 1 day overstay leaving at the airport isn’t a problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Employer should have cancelled your WP immediately.

I have worked Oil n Gas all over the world 47 yrs and every time I left a project, my WP was cancelled the next work day.

As the OP doesn't and never had a WP then your post is pointless. He's never had an extension either.

All over the world doesn't apply to Thailand. ????????.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You not want another job?

Fly out easy peasy. Can reenter no problem.

the airport immigration departure is technically no different from a land border immigration departure checkpoint so why differing rules?

12 minutes ago, atyclb said:

the airport immigration departure is technically no different from a land border immigration departure checkpoint so why differing rules?

I would surmise a land border sort of indicates a quick return

( visa run? ) whereas an airport exit tends to indicate leaving Thailand. Maybe, not sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Wrong on many counts.

OP doesn't have an extension or WP. From the airport they won't care, it's a 'VISA' single entry. When he stamps out at the airport it's gone/finished unless it has enough validity to warrant a re-entry permit and he hasn't, it runs out on Monday.

actually not wrong. OP mentioned about WP situation and other infos in a later post. I just told him the normal procedure. 

thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, atyclb said:

At a airport immigration would not stop you from leaving the country for such trivial thing as not canceling an extension since you have already checked in for your flight.

Much easier to do at a land border crossing. Not all crossing do it. Most reports have been at Nong Khai and Mukdahan where people cross the border to apply for a new visa at the embassy or consulate in Laos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

In that case try another land crossing or fly out. You definitely won’t have an issue at the airport. It appears the officer at Mai Sai didn’t want you doing a “visa run”, or didn’t know her job.

If you don’t have an extension or work permit you have absolutely nothing to cancel or that can be cancelled.

Try to avoid an overstay if you can. Although a 1 day overstay leaving at the airport isn’t a problem.

Now I want to apply for a non b in Vientiane and they will probably demand of me to hand them in my resignation letter which is timestamped 20 August and then they'll learn I quit my job two months ago but I've stayed in Thailand for another two months. I'm not sure if they ask for it but who knows. A fellow teacher of mine didn't manage to get his work permit on time and one week ago he had to go to Vientiane and apply for another non b. They asked him for a letter from the school explaining why he needed another issuance.

Thailand is magic.... in Laos too ????

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

It is normal for different entry points to have different rules due to the different types of visitors passing through.

All we are seeing at the airports is the natural progression of the clampdown of serial tourists. The serial tourist MO has changed. First they were stopped from using VE and forced to get TR's locally to Thailand. Then those TR's were limited or denied which meant they had to trawl SEA or go home to get a TR and fly in. Some die hard serial tourists will fly to one or two other countries on-route to Thailand so they can enter by land, but IMO most are now flying in. And that increase in serial tourists using the airport is why we saw an increase in the number of denied entries. Basically the authorities are reacting to serial tourists who think they can beat the system.

Also it's worth noting that historically over 95% of western visitors for tourism use visa exemption for their short holiday, so those entering with a TR are the exception and IMO that exception creates a warning to any switched on IO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Druidian said:

Now I want to apply for a non b in Vientiane and they will probably demand of me to hand them in my resignation letter which is timestamped 20 August and then they'll learn I quit my job two months ago but I've stayed in Thailand for another two months. I'm not sure if they ask for it but who knows. A fellow teacher of mine didn't manage to get his work permit on time and one week ago he had to go to Vientiane and apply for another non b. They asked him for a letter from the school explaining why he needed another issuance.

I guess they could deny the visa on those grounds, but I doubt they would. There is nothing in law or regulation that says you must leave if your work ends during a 90 day initial entry stamp. It is only extensions of those 90 days that are required to be cancelled.

As long as you provide the correct paperwork from the new employer you should be okay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

First they wont let us in, now they wont let us out!.... The Thai need to make up their freaking minds what they want. Enough of their idiotic rules.

"First they wont let us in, now they wont let us out!"

Almost everyone is allowed in with no issues and almost everyone is allowed out with no issues either so why do you post such nonsense with such regularity?...

20 minutes ago, Druidian said:

As you have a visa, and not an extension, that will end on the day you leave that's not a problem.

Just tell them you waited and waited, not working, and the school took too long so you are/will be starting soon you hope with the new school.

• Like 1

On October 25, 2019 at 9:52 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Next time get a multiple exit reentry visa.

Wow. Alice (in Wonderland) is that you?

This must be the newly minted MERV? 

These days posters seem to like pasting " non-Imm O " on everything from tourist visas to extensions of stay. If you did that, it would be a MERVNIO.

3 minutes ago, Toadie said:

No problem with overstay stamps. I have passport full of them...

Bloody good customer if you add up the amounts

No problem if you don't want a PE visa. And no problem unless they introduce conditions in the future about past overstays.

9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

No problem if you don't want a PE visa. And no problem unless they introduce conditions in the future about past overstays.

You can always get a new passport. That's what a French colleague of mine did after a 20tish days overstay. He said it's better not to have those candies in your basket since you can easily spoil your teeth for that.

58 minutes ago, Druidian said:

You can always get a new passport. That's what a French colleague of mine did after a 20tish days overstay. He said it's better not to have those candies in your basket since you can easily spoil your teeth for that.

Getting a new passport doesn’t help. Immigration will link your two passports and see your past history.

• Like 1

THAT is NOT a VISA, it is being called Re Entry Permit and comes in single and multiple”

A visa is not always obtained from a consulate located outside a country but also could be issued by immigration. There is a “visa number” for every re-entry permit. 

This is definition of “visa” for those who are confused.:

an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.”

Edited by The Theory

On 10/25/2019 at 11:06 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

The Thai need to make up their freaking minds what they want. Enough of their idiotic rules.

There are some other countries that you need to get exit permit before getting out regardless of your visa type. 

Edited by The Theory

14 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Wow. Alice (in Wonderland) is that you?

This must be the newly minted MERV? 

These days posters seem to like pasting " non-Imm O " on everything from tourist visas to extensions of stay. If you did that, it would be a MERVNIO.

Play with the last four letters and it becomes a last order in a Glasgow pub. ????????

On 10/26/2019 at 7:41 AM, Druidian said:

It's not an extension, it's an initial 3 months visa which expires on Monday. I didn't get a work permit and I changed the school. I suppose I need to overstay one day since then my visa will be no longer valid and I won't need any cancellation. I don't want to pay 20.000B for a 45-48 days overstay and have the nasty stamp in my passport.

The 3-month Non-B can't be cancelled by immigration - only extension of stays and re-entry permits can be cancelled (VOIDED).

Are you sure you don't have an extension of stay?

Just leaving from an airport will solve all your problems.

Edited by varun