THAI told to speed up ฿156bn new aircraft purchase plan

webfact

2 hours ago, Thian said:

What counts for me is:

- the seat (has to be wide and plenty leg space)

- the entertainment system

- the food on board

- the reliability of the company

- amount of babies on board

Nothing worse than screaming babies on a 16 hour flight

• Like 1

4 hours ago, new2here said:

I think that’s what passengers REALLY notice and care about — the CABIN (ergo the seats and such) and not so much as to the manufacturer of the frame itself.

Thats why I think from the carriers perspective, they are more focused on the operational aspects such as capacity/range and the monetary side (CASM, etc)... but passengers issues can (IMHO) be addresses through whatever cabin supplier - and model from that suppler - they choose to install.... 

yes, there are some uniqueness issues between the various frames from Boeing and Airbus, but even with those issues, I really think it boils down the actual seat (which includes pitch), the carriers chosen config (like going with a 3-3-3 or tighter 3-4-3) and things like what IFE supplier/config.... 

I think many people believe cabin interiors are dictated by the aircraft manufacturer/

That is totally a airline decision. It's a bit like in the early days of motor cars where you bought the chassis from the likes of Rolls Royce, then you went to a 'coach builder' to put the top on it.

As I've said before I work for an airline, and all they care about is getting the maximum seat revenue per flight, so they will configure a plane to get the most out of it, regardless!

72608329_3221742174541408_2829168955866742784_n.jpg