Britain set for December 12 election to break the Brexit deadlock

webfact

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Its really quite bizarre. Up until October 31, the Hard Brexiteers among us were cheering Boris to deliver a no-deal Brexit. That date has been and gone. Unfortunately some of them are a bit slow on the uptake and Boris is now slipping towards being the latest in a long line of Enemies Of The People failing to support no-deal. Soon enough they will realise this and go all in for Farage and the Brexit Party. Meanwhile some of them are stuck up the Boris tree with a difficult way down.

I bet you are having nightmares over the real possibility the UK will be free of its burden..... ????

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, elliss said:

Links ? 

Nothing to do with the General election in December? ..  Not really rocket science.

It,'ll be 75 baht =£1 when the remainers  have a coup d,etat

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I bet you are having nightmares over the real possibility the UK will be free of its burden..... ????

Missing 1 important point ….. the burden is on British soil…. not on E.U. soil ….as the division is amongst the U.K. population ,until that is solved the burden keep being all yours !

Half want to go ..half are stopping them 

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

Missing 1 important point ….. the burden is on British soil…. not on E.U. soil ….as the division is amongst the U.K. population ,until that is solved the burden keep being all yours !

Yes you're correct, the losers are trying to stop the winners, not very democratic now is it?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes you're correct, the losers are trying to stop the winners, not very democratic now is it?

More likely something wrong with your understanding of democracy I find ...

BTW democracy = Demos Cratos from the old Greek civilization ….the place known really as the birth place of democracy ….not the HOC as so much claimed ...read some history books not written in England …!! :wink:

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, david555 said:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, you could say that half has right wing ideas and half has left wing ideas, but we all get along quite well, don't you think...? ????

1 minute ago, transam said:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, you could say that half has right wing ideas and half has left wing ideas, but we all get along quite well, don't you think...? ????

marvelous going I would say …. and not only for the 800 stabbing incidents ????....

24 minutes ago, david555 said:

marvelous going I would say …. and not only for the 800 stabbing incidents ????....

Now that is a daft post, start another topic if you want to go down that road...

Plus, that has nothing to do with politics, or Brexit...????

Or could it be something to do with being in the EU....?...Of course not...

Ask the Mayor of London about your 800, or even Boris, he knows the answer...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

I thought he was a one hit wonder ????

Image result for demis roussos

Oh ! now bm Transam go reply to open a singers topic as he likes only politics or "No-exit" concerned reply's on here  …! :wink:

We must admit they had parliaments long time ahead when we still walk around in animal skins & (truly ) named as barbarians ...:thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

Oh ! now bm Transam go reply to open a singers topic as he likes only politics or "No-exit" concerned reply's on here  …! :wink:

We must admit they had parliaments long time ahead when we still walk around in animal skins & (truly ) named as barbarians ...:thumbsup:

Wos "bm Transam"....?

• Haha 1

Anyway back on topic contrast compare and contrast the Pm and the Leader of the Opposition. Labour have hundreds of thousands of activists who will be flooding the key battleground marginals with a message of hope and change. The Tories and BP will struggle with their army of old folk on dark cold nights to do the same. Labour also have an army of tech savvy online activists doing the same. That's how Obama won against all odds in 2008. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Anyway back on topic contrast compare and contrast the Pm and the Leader of the Opposition. Labour have hundreds of thousands of activists who will be flooding the key battleground marginals with a message of hope and change. The Tories and BP will struggle with their army of old folk on dark cold nights to do the same. Labour also have an army of tech savvy online activists doing the same. That's how Obama won against all odds in 2008. 

Am sure the Labour leader has.....

corbyn3.jpg.97fdaf702f8a6acfcf5ebea947a1c564.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

How could Boris deliver a no deal need it when his hands were tied?quite frankly old boy I honestly couldn,t give a tinkers cuss,only people I feel sorry for are people who retired to the los and will now have to abandon their plans.Obviously you don't.

Why would anyone who retired to Los have to abandon their plans? - unless of course no deal causes the £ to crash even more.

Those of us who retired to Europe though are face with the possibility of having no right to reside here and no health cover in the event of no deal - now do you understand why we feel a little upset? 

No deal is good for exactly no one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tebee said:

Why would anyone who retired to Los have to abandon their plans? - unless of course no deal causes the £ to crash even more.

Those of us who retired to Europe though are face with the possibility of having no right to reside here and no health cover in the event of no deal - now do you understand why we feel a little upset? 

But you are thinking about yourself and not those in the country you left....

I don't live in the UK but I respect the vote of those who do...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

One man's terrorist another man's freedom fighter. A lot of the Brexit 'patriotic diehards' would have been Republicans if they had had the misfortune to be born Catholic in NI in the 60s. Protestant paramilitaries were terrorizing the catholic ghettos when the people's movement began and the British Army were initially welcomed when they came to separate the two sides. Anyway this is not the place to argue about Ireland except to say Boris's agreement threatens peace and stability in Northern Ireland - surely no sane person after what has happened would want that ?

Image result for queen martin mcguinness

Your pic was taken after the troubles, when was the other pic taken.....?

12 minutes ago, tebee said:

I hate to say this but Boris with a majority pushing through the WA would probably lead to a short term bounce in the pound - JC or a hung parliament will not be £ friendly. But No Deal I would have thought is pretty much off the table now. The BP will probably get no seats even if they get 10% of the vote. 

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I explained in my accompaniment to the picture the problems of NI are steeped in British rule and colonialism. JC has always been an internationalist looking for peace rather than war. How would you feel if your recent ancestors had been starved to keep the price of corn high by English Tory landlords ?  John major talked to the IRA secretly as a preface to the talks that led to the GFA. Anyway let's make this election about now and keeping the peace there. Something that Labour cares about but slapdash Johnson "lets get Brexit done"  obviously doesn't. The past is the past. 

Your Corby not only was pals with the IRA, he is also pals with Iran, you know, the country that funds terrorists that killed your countries folk...

• Like 1