U.S. appeals court blocks release of unredacted Mueller report pending appeal

webfact

11 hours ago, stevenl said:

You do realise Russian meddling has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. See statements from democrats, republicans, cia, FBI, nsa, all under trump appointed leadership.

So I and I'm sure others as well cringe whenever I see a statement like yours, totally based on fake news and fake beliefs.

Schiff had absolute proof. Where is it? Are you also made of wood?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

Schiff had absolute proof. Where is it? Are you also made of wood?

Absolute proof of what? Russian meddling, as I was responding to, a better source than Schiff seem to be republican senators, cia, FBI, nsa.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The department is trying to block Democrats from accessing the full Mueller report on the grounds that doing so would require the disclosure of secret grand jury materials and potentially harm ongoing investigations.

Easily countered by holding closed door sessions of the judiciary oversight committee...  in the scif... which is purpose built for sensitive cases such that ongoing investigations, and the like, are not compromised.

oh wait... the republicans want everything done in public, thereby potentially harming everything. Smart move.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Fact,No pressure  No blackmail,reiterated twice by the Ukraine Prez .But the uncivil servant dems and their propaganda machine would have you  think he was being intimidated. The optics and the transcript isn't made up or someone's unhappy opinion of what should be proper discussions with leaders of countries!

Image result for ukraine prez and trump shaking hands

We have yet to see a ‘transcript’.

We’ve so far only seen a ‘summary’ and we’ve just learned that the ‘summary’ was ‘sanitized’ before release.

I’ll get back to you on your ‘Facts’ when we’ve seen the full, unredacted transcript.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Quite. Because Mr. Zelensky know, much like the world at large, that Donald Trump is a patient and forgiving man. One who accepts contradiction patiently and never reacts with anger when his words or deeds are criticized.  There are many things that Mr. Zelensky need not fear, and one of them is being drawn into American politics.  How could his involvement there be anything but a triumph! There is simply no way that were Mr. Zelensky to cast an aspersion upon Donald Trump's conduct, the President would engage in any vindictive actions at all against either Zelensky or Ukraine or both. Because that's just not the kind of person he is. But don't take my word for it. Ask Vladimir Putin that rambunctious and hail-fellow-well-met neighbor to the Ukrainians. He will be sure to remind the Ukrainians of Trump's mild and forgiving nature should they misstep.  Donald Trump may never acquire that Nobel Prize, but surely someday he will acquire sainthood. God bless that noble gentleman!

Touché lol well met!!   Lol

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Quite. Because Mr. Zelensky know, much like the world at large, that Donald Trump is a patient and forgiving man. One who accepts contradiction patiently and never reacts with anger when his words or deeds are criticized.  There are many things that Mr. Zelensky need not fear, and one of them is being drawn into American politics.  How could his involvement there be anything but a triumph! There is simply no way that were Mr. Zelensky to cast an aspersion upon Donald Trump's conduct, the President would engage in any vindictive actions at all against either Zelensky or Ukraine or both. Because that's just not the kind of person he is. But don't take my word for it. Ask Vladimir Putin that rambunctious and hail-fellow-well-met neighbor to the Ukrainians. He will be sure to remind the Ukrainians of Trump's mild and forgiving nature should they misstep.  Donald Trump may never acquire that Nobel Prize, but surely someday he will acquire sainthood. God bless that noble gentleman!

In addition to that I think the main reason is home grown. No way he could admit he gave in to blackmail, that would politically ruin him and be a gigantic loss of face.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Or does the Trump  camp  actually  care very much about truth? Which could explain the  determination in hiding It ?

Has truth has ever been Trump's strong suit? Whoppers include Central Park Five, "birther" claims, etc

• Like 2

StevenL

First off the Russians meddling has never been shown to favor one candidate over another.  Many pundits have indicated that it was intended to sow discord, which it certainly has done.  The Democrats have no problem with illegals actually voting but somehow decry Russians making a few postings on social media.  

Now you want meddling. Try Obama who sent taxpayer money to defeat Netanyahu.  The Russians did nothing so egregious 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

Obama.JPG

Edited by Thomas J
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It has been an ongoing practice for information deemed classified be redacted to protect it.  This has included Grand Jury testimony to protect the process and the jurors.  Now the Democrats want to destroy this potentially releasing classified information and revealing the identities of the jurors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2019 at 8:15 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

quote "Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election"

I cringe whenever I see this. It is just so beyond ridiculous that the losers of 2016 blame their defeat on Russians and collusion with Russians. That the wild conspiracy was based on actions by never-Trumpers Page, Strzok, Comey, Clapper, Obama et al increases the bizarro factor several fold. And to think this was headline news on CNN and MSNBC for nearly 3 years before collapsing into a pile of you-know-what. I suppose this being brought up again is just another nail in the dems coffin heading into the 2020 election.

I never thought I would see a phenomenon of complete predictability. I do see it with every post you make.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

StevenL

First off the Russians meddling has never been shown to favor one candidate over another.  Many pundits have indicated that it was intended to sow discord, which it certainly has done.  The Democrats have no problem with illegals actually voting but somehow decry Russians making a few postings on social media.  

Now you want meddling. Try Obama who sent taxpayer money to defeat Netanyahu.  The Russians did nothing so egregious 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-admin-sent-taxpayer-money-oust-netanyahu/

Obama.JPG

Two fake news and a half truth in one post. Not bad.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1