I parked next to this new Ford Mustang - is it real ?

tomgreen

I recently parked next to this new car , to me it looked like some type of Ford Mustang but there were no name badges any where on the vehicle  , so I wondered if it was some sort of well made kit car . If it was a real Ford Mustang then its the first one Ive ever seen in Thailand and it must be expensive. ????

Any thoughts ?

Tom

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

• Confused 1

I was chatting to the Ford guy at the BITEC motorshow, and he was saying the smaller engined eco-boost model is a standard part of their range now, but the V8 is a special order. 

Seen a few Mustangs in central Bangkok - I guess they are comparatively good value compared to the Ferraris and Lamborghinis that the 0.1%-ers usually cruise around in?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

4.8 million for a 5.0 l V8 is actually a very reasonable price. That said, it is still just a toy.

There is a 2019 5.0 GT for sale on one2car for Bt.4,059,000.

I wish I had deeper pockets !!

EDIT: using google translate its a dodgy import with no rego, buyer beware !!

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/ford-mustang-gt-bangkok-metropolitan-liab-duan-ram-inthra-kasetnawamin/6093427

Edited by Don Mega
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

He who dies with the most toys wins! ????

or he who dies with the most toys still dies! But i have to say, it is more fun having the toys!

Ford Thailand only started officially selling new Stangs around October 2018, anything before that is a private import

20 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

4.8 million for a 5.0 l V8 is actually a very reasonable price. That said, it is still just a toy.

Only if you can afford to lose a $10 million bet on the World Series. Paying 3 million baht more for a car that sells for 45-60 thousand USD doesn't seem reasonable.

• Like 1

Plenty of 'em in Oz. We live in the bush these days (wifey likes quiet) and there are half a dozen in the local small town. They are only 1.2 mill baht here for the top V8 model. Spoke to a lady who has one - says it ain't economical but so far after a year has had no issues. Thai missus won't have a two door car tho.

12 minutes ago, johng said:

I haven't  seen a silver one yet    Yellow,orange and blue   so far

Here have a drive experience with it as sitting behind the wheel

Edited by david555

On 11/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, tomgreen said:

I recently parked next to this new car , to me it looked like some type of Ford Mustang but there were no name badges any where on the vehicle  , so I wondered if it was some sort of well made kit car . If it was a real Ford Mustang then its the first one Ive ever seen in Thailand and it must be expensive.

Thats a TOY.

This is the one you want........................

• Like 1