Pattaya Halloween: The only scary thing was the complete lack of tourists

rooster59

5 hours ago, Jessi said:

What about Soi 6, guess it was full of LadyBoyz with pumpkins on their heads....????  

Soi 6 is as usual

10% ladyboys, 10% young hotties. 10% fat\old\ugly girls and 70% normal girls 

and a lack of farangs customers for all. Some indians walk in the street but

for some reasons they are usualy ignored by most of the girls.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveK said:

Isn't that the junta's intention? To get all the tourists out of Pattaya, at least the ones that go for what the city is famous for? To get rid of red-light areas and improve the country's reputation internationally? If that's the case then something is working.

It doesn't matter. The bar scene has been dying for the last 15 years, times have changed, things move on. 

7 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Any bar owner charging 220 Bht for a local beer deserves to go broke,,

When I came her to live I was lucky to get 18 Bht for an Aussie $ 

Now can get 20 Bht. So it is not exchange rates

Exactly, beer bars have loose their expat customers that used to be their main customers in low season.

Exchange rate is not the main reason for expats but: low quality of girls/milfs playing with their phone, expensive drinks & girls, DUI check etc... for expats today bars are a waste of time and money, they are so many other good things to do in Pattaya !

That article just confirm that bars are empty in low seasons because expats stay at home. I can see every year more and more tourists. Now wait for the mess in High Season that will start only in a few weeks !

I don't know if I'm a typical tourist, but I like to travel around Thailand and have so far visited over 30 provinces. I visit most attractions in the provinces (don't worry about dual pricing) Each trip to Thailand lasts approx. 4 weeks and on the last 5 trips I have used 1,256,000 bath which gives approx. 9,000 baths per day (140 days). I always visit Pattaya 4-5 days before I go home. I like the city. I visit some bars where I drink 2-3 beers before returning to the hotel. Pattaya is so much more than beer bars and gogo bars.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

:tongue: Living in Pattaya since 2006... :cool:

If you think I am wrong, then you must be living in Soi Buakhao

and never put a foot outside of it. :wink:

So are you saying beach road is full?

I see all the chairs empty on a daily basis since months

and the malls? they do good only on week end when the Thais go

inside for eating, but hey have you go in one of them in a week day?

Even the new T21 is empty (And the others one are dying)

what are exactly the ''tourists place'' full and busy you are talking about?

Are you near a chinese restaurant or something like that?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Even if baht was weaker. Have you seen the prices?

Thailand is known as a cheap holiday destination . 290 baht for a plain T-shirt at the markets is hardly cheap even if baht was weaker but at the levels it’s at now its double the price to most western countries .

220 baht for a drink , 1500 bsht

bsrfines, 1000 baht for a steak. Just a bread roll is up to 25 baht

A night out with a female company can set you back 10000, easily. 

Yep, even a coffee is on par to western prices, what's the point.

I just did the yearly calculations of money in and money out, and it was right on target, on par to what it would cost us to live in Sydney, i.e. $1,250 per week or 100,000 baht a month, excluding any rents, building house, labor, beer, short timers, hotels, as for the rest, well, they are all up there, unless you want to eat like a Thai, of which our dietary needs are not, Thailand is fast becoming an expensive place to survive for some, IMO.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Lol. Looks to me like they went out filming about 8pm and deliberately filmed bars in areas that are always quiet. If they had actually gone into soi LK Metro and the busy part of Walking St later in the evening a different picture would emerge. That said I agree it is much quieter this year but painting the picture they choose to paint is just poor journalism.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, petermik said:

"one operator blamed the world economy" yes everything and anything but the facts....the baht is way too strong and tourists are not really that welcome anymore...."leave your cash in the skips provided at immigration points and exit the country as quickly as possible please" :whistling:

How do you suggest the Baht exchange rate is lowered.