How is it so many THAI People Survive in America When You Cannot

bwpage3

Some people are more business like than others , some Thais are more business like than some Westerners and are therefore more successful .

There are also many Thais in the USA who are not business like and who are working in menial jobs .

Some people are more successful than others and its doesnt really matter where they come from .

Did you believe that White people are supreme ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Live 15 to a house, 4-5 to a room.

Six people will buy a house, sell in five years, three people buy two houses, six people buy six homes. Like that.

Eat Thai food which is free if they or someone in circle or family works in resty. Otherwise, cheap anyway.

Buy those cars on credit.

Asians are good savers. Often work hard.

Thais like Filipinos love to weave themselves into government jobs if they can. Not as good at it as the Pinoy but they try.

Overstaying visa.

Many don't get ahead honestly.

Sorry we know many single families that live in giant houses by themselves.

I have a good idea how East Asian immigrants operate. I've had Cambodian and Vietnamese girlfriends in the US. Was plugged in to neighborhoods in So California, DC and Massachusetts. 

I've assisted a few dozen abroad with scholarships and university, academic guidance.

Very few come with anything. That was the 70-80s. Slim pickings nowadays. Low wage jobs in vast majority of states wages have gone nowhere.

Most wealthy Thai are quite content in Thailand. They have it far better than they could in US. Villas, servants, connections. Low taxes.

Many students that study abroad don't (want to) come back. Those students tend to do ok in the long run but usually fighting demons back in Thailand or themselves (gay, disfunctional family, poor, politically out of step post 2006).

I've affluent friends and relatives o don't recall anyone living near Thais. The Thai community in LA (N Hollywood). Not known for being especially ambitious honestly although it 8s a transient imiigrant community.

Edited by Number 6

11 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Maybe they are:

1) From wealthy families

2) Are professionals and have professional jobs

3) Were born and bred there, 2nd, 3rd generation etc

4) Came over and worked their asses off

5) Are in debt and living a life they cannot afford

6) Married some dead beat yank in Thailand and then realized they had married a dead beat yank and <deleted> off for something better when they got there (Understandably)

7) I am sure many other legitimate reasons

You should not judge a book by its cover.

You didn't read very carefully.

Not from wealthy families

Older in their late 60s and 70s

Not professionals, many can barely speak a few words of English

Does debt matter, when the question was how did they get here in the first and how are they financially able to survive when many Americans are living in Thailand on nothing?

Aside of the few that did married, how did the rest legally get here and get established to the point they are financially surviving here better than most Americans are making due in Thailand?

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Older in their late 60s and 70s

Not professionals, many can barely speak a few words of English

Refugees from the Vietnam war era, what was that movie with Clint Eastwood? Oh yeah, Gran Torino.

Not exactly people that made it there on their own dime!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 7:12 AM, Jingthing said:

20 dollar pad Thai. 

Ingredient cost 1 dollar. 

Next ...

You forgot the main ingredient... ambition. You have to have a place of business and be willing to get off your ass to make Pad Thai. I see very few people on TV that actually look for a side hustle or anyway to improve their situation. Common complaints about the currency going south... buy something and sell it on eBay. 

Thais make it in the USA because they don't get handed an entitlement check every month (which doesn't outpace inflation) to sit around and post on TV.  Anybody can make it in the USA. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I see very few people on TV that actually look for a side hustle or anyway to improve their situation.  

Everything would be  illegal earning money in Thailand and you would be earning a very meagre income even if you ignored the legalities 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Staying legal, not breaking the law and running risk of arrest and deportation is a reality rather than an excuse 

Thais in America don't worry about that I guess. There are ways to make money and life habits that can help without being illegal. If not you have to wonder why somebody would willingly stay in such a hopeless situation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Because Thai families care about each others. 

Just look at the amount of fools here paying their girlfriends, mils, brothers, sons a monthly salary. 

Do Farang pay any monthly allowance to his own family? 

Case closed! 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

Because Thai families care about each others. 

Just look at the amount of fools here paying their girlfriends, mils, brothers, sons a monthly salary. 

Do Farang pay any monthly allowance to his own family? 

Case closed! 

I dare say many Thais can also pull it off because they have a sugar daddy that props their restaurant up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Thais in America don't worry about that I guess. There are ways to make money and life habits that can help without being illegal. If not you have to wonder why somebody would willingly stay in such a hopeless situation.

The rich Thais in the USA can work and settle and live there legally , they can become Americans.

Could you list all the ways that older Americans living in Thailand could make extra money legally ?

(Selling on E-bay isnt too profitable nowadays)

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The rich Thais in the USA can work and settle and live there legally , they can become Americans.

Could you list all the ways that older Americans living in Thailand could make extra money legally ?

(Selling on E-bay isnt too profitable nowadays)

You can always invest. Cut back a little on your outgoings and invest it. I agree though one advantage Thais have is the rule of law and that they are sponsored to go to the USA. 

11 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You can always invest. Cut back a little on your outgoings and invest it. I agree though one advantage Thais have is the rule of law and that they are sponsored to go to the USA. 

Which investment gaurantees a profitable return with no risk of losing money ?