Where is the good news promised on TM6 and TM30?

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Not sure about the TM6, but I predicted they’d let the TM30 disappear quietly and pretend it never happened. There was no way they were going to officially announce it was over. Too much face to be lost, especially after that embarrassing meeting with immigration where they made flippant remarks like, “it’s the law” and “don’t travel, then”. 

The TM30 was a cash grab plain and simple. An abhorrent cash grab in a time where foreign investment and interest is very low and the economy is sinking. Unchecked stupidity and greed begets more stupidity and greed. 

Yes and is it not curious how greed and stupidity so very often go together.   Now what was it Einstien said....?

• Like 1

I think that the commitment was to make reporting, and registering for reporting, easier, and not that any reporting (TM6, TM30, TM47) would be eliminated.

TM6's are required for most immigration activities, can't see that being eliminated.

There are some newish reporting options for the TM6...

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/eTM6Web/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.etm6&hl=en

Arrival/Departure cards still required.

TM30 is still required, at least for accomplishing most tasks (TM7, TM8 definitely) at Immigration at Bangkok/CW. I think requirements for filing a new TM30, upon return to your domestic domicile of record, vary by office. Some recommend insuring you file, at a minimum, on your last return just prior having to go to Immigration for any sort of activity.

TM30 registration, both for the website and mobile app, are said to be simpler, easier, quicker.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.section38&hl=en

• Like 2

23 hours ago, petermik said:

A committee is being set up to look into the matter and the findings will be published as a matter of urgency.....err how long can you wait :clap2:

Pathetic people who promise cant deliver as usual. So this will take many years by then so many bosses will have left it will be forgotten as there is no benefit $$$$ to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FNQ said:

Same on the 1st and out if curiosity i asked the IO as i was returning to my original address was a new Tm30 required, he said NO.

When home rang the hotline answer was YES within 24hrs. 

I wonder how that's possible if you fly in on Friday evening?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Meanwhile in Chiang Mai, people who went out for dinner and a drink over the weekend will still need to report to immigration on Mon/Tue that they've got back home.

They'll only know if you tell them!

• Like 1

They said we would have answers inside two months, but that was three months ago, I believe?

Don't forget that the time quoted is "Thai time"............. which when translated means "sometime" in the future  555555555555

On 11/9/2019 at 1:04 PM, PeterAB said:

Been in Kohn Kaen for 3 days and went to Nonthaburi Immigraton yesterday to do the out of province report back and was told it is no longer required and was abolished last month.

It is still just gossip until anyone can get their Non-imm O or B renewed without showing their TM30.

• Like 1

TM6 arrival and departure cards will no longer be required for Thai nationals, Sansern said. The order will be published in the Royal Gazette and come into effect this Saturday. The revocation was scheduled for October 1 but all concerned agencies were ready to implement it earlier, he said.

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I wonder how that's possible if you fly in on Friday evening?

The office in Chiang Mai is open on Saturday and Sundays just

for that,they are very serious about it up here,don't know

if other offices around the country are open at weekends.?

regards worgeordie