Video: I ain't going anywhere! Furious Farang knocked down on Zebra Crossing refuses to budge

webfact

20 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

So, if the cars don't have to stop for pedestrians on zebra crossings, what is the meaning of zebra crossings in Thailand ?

The white bits make the pedestrian easier to see, and therefore a better target! ☺

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

The white bits make the pedestrian easier to see, and therefore a better target! ☺

I usually find that the pedestrian crossings are well placed, no-one stops but they are usually placed far enough away from a corner to be in a place that is safer to cross than others. Besides which I have wondered if you were hit crossing 300 metres from one, your insurance company especially if foreign or travel insurance, might try to wriggle out of paying saying that you ignored a "safe" place to cross

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's a suggestion, like stopping for red traffic lights or driving on the left on a dual carriageway.

Other suggestions, wearing a m/c helmet, seat belt, one way street, etc.

Up to you!

That's also my reasoning, but i was trying to see things from the point of view of one who doesn't know Thailand !

I wonder if, as a foreigner, you could be fined if you DON'T use the zebra crossings though :coffee1: