Frenchman plunges to his death taking selfie at Koh Samui waterfall

webfact

Frenchman plunges to his death taking selfie at Koh Samui waterfall

8pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Frenchman was found dead at Na Muang 2 waterfall on Koh Samui after he slipped and fell while taking a selfie. 

It was the second death of a tourist under similar circumstances following a fatality involving a Spanish person at the same spot five months ago. 

Rescue teams took three hours to haul the dead body of the 31 year old up from a pool using a rope and harness. 

He had a fatal head injury as well as lacerations to his body. He was taken to Koh Samui hospital yesterday afternoon for autopsy. 

Samitsak - a representative of a tourist help center - told Thai Rath that the French man had come to Thailand to visit a compatriot in Nakhon Sri Thammarat and they had gone on a trip to the island together. 

They had walked up to level four at the waterfall about 800 meters from level 1.

The victim was taking a selfie when he slipped and fell, said Samitsak. 

Thai Rath noted that there are warning signs in the area. 

Five months ago a Spanish person taking a photograph was killed in the same spot. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-15
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Surprised there were only 2 deaths caused by selfie while driving.

Not thinking of selfies more those little 2" X 3" screens you see them looking at , some while riding on their scooters. If I am with my TW in the car and the phone rings I say to her take a message , I AM DRIVING. Can't afford to loose concentration on the roads here for 5 secs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

How can you blame new technologies? This is entirely caused by the use of new technologies at the wrong place at the wrong time. With that said, a human error. It was not like the camera pushed the man to his death, was it?

Sadly another person has lost his life, out of a very stupid reason. Here there are even signs for people to read and be aware of the danger. Disregarding that, we read over and over about the same things happening. Woder when humanity is going to smarten up and learn something. One thing is totally clear. new technologies are slowing down our brain functions and makes mankind more and more like a sleepwalker.

Agreed. It's only going to get far worse with the advent of 5g and the exponential development of the IoT, unfortunately.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Agreed. It's only going to get far worse with the advent of 5g and the exponential development of the IoT, unfortunately.

Yes, and the funny thing is that it has nothing to do with the new technology. In reality it´s just people getting more dumb.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

People are becoming dumbed down in many instances because of excessive use of technology.

The above sentence is the ground foundation of all the text you wrote in your quote. I sincerely thank you for elaborating as much as you did, but unfortunately it also falls on the first sentence.

You are trying to state that people are becoming dumbed down because of exessive use of technology. That must then beg the question: Do they not first have to be dumb enough to fall for and engage in excessive use of technology in the first place?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Not at all, I mean this is just not even an argument to my mind.

'Do they not first have to be dumb enough to fall for and engage in excessive use of technology in the first place?'

You can make the same argument about any form of addiction my friend. Being unintelligent is not a prerequisite to becoming addicted to any manner of things - alcohol or drugs, sex, work - the list goes on. Many great and brilliant people have done and continue to.

That you can try on somebody else. They are all same dumb in my book. It´s very strange that so many comes out and state that it was very dumb choices in their lifes, after they got free from thier addiction. Whatever that one might have been.