wanna stay in thailand 90 days as tourist, exit ticket 60 or 90 days?

Some airlines will want to verify that your return ticket date complies with the VE entry or Visa limits that you hold. You may be able to argue that you will be eligible for extension to 90 days but be prepared just in case. I flew from London with Asiana via Seoul last year and the check-in staff looked up TH entry and stay limits for my SETV before allowing me to check-in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buy Phuket to KL on the 30th day of a Waiver entry, 59th day of an SETV. Cheap. If you get an SETV in the US, you need to show Consulate an exit ticket.

Edited by Nyezhov

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Some airlines will want to verify that your return ticket date complies with the VE entry or Visa limits that you hold. You may be able to argue that you will be eligible for extension to 90 days but be prepared just in case. I flew from London with Asiana via Seoul last year and the check-in staff looked up TH entry and stay limits for my SETV before allowing me to check-in.

what exit ticket did u have? day number?

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Buy Phuket to KL on the 30th day of a Waiver entry, 59th day of an SETV. Cheap. If you get an SETV in the US, you need to show Consulate an exit ticket.

so i need to show consulate exit ticket within 60 days? i cant show an exit ticket at the 90th day?

• Like 1

OP, if you are obtaining a setv the Thai consulate will most often require onward flight. If you explain your plan is onward flight less than 90 day as you plan to apply for 30 day extension, most consulate will accept this.

The only other issue is airline check in. For folk flying visa exempt pretty much zero chance of obtaining boarding pass without onward flight within 30 day.

OP if I was in you situation ...have paperclip at visa page. If asked how long you are staying just reply a month. Something like that. 

If it's still an issue ...walk away and buy online throw away ticket. Bkk to Saigon often cheap. You will need pay online to show confirmed ticket. Don't think it will get to that. Just for other members...I fly every other week. Airlines are changing so much in their scrutiny to passports. Almost seems like 2 passport controls

14 minutes ago, jack6503 said:

so i need to show consulate exit ticket within 60 days? i cant show an exit ticket at the 90th day?

you visa from the consulate is 60 days. You need a ticket out before then. Its probabaly only $50

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, if you are obtaining a setv the Thai consulate will most often require onward flight. If you explain your plan is onward flight less than 90 day as you plan to apply for 30 day extension, most consulate will accept this.

The only other issue is airline check in. For folk flying visa exempt pretty much zero chance of obtaining boarding pass without onward flight within 30 day.

OP if I was in you situation ...have paperclip at visa page. If asked how long you are staying just reply a month. Something like that. 

If it's still an issue ...walk away and buy online throw away ticket. Bkk to Saigon often cheap. You will need pay online to show confirmed ticket. Don't think it will get to that. Just for other members...I fly every other week. Airlines are changing so much in their scrutiny to passports. Almost seems like 2 passport controls

what do u mean paperclip?

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A return or onward ticket is not required for entry to the country if you have a valid visa for entry.

I was recently refused entry at Don Meung with a STV.

I am  75 and it was my second tourist visa this year.

I have made 26 trips to Thailand over 9 years with 17 tourist visas without return tickets.

Was held for several hours until I purchased a return ticket after 60 days.

Not sure this helps the OP

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dean2926 said:

I was recently refused entry at Don Meung with a STV.

I am  75 and it was my second tourist visa this year.

I have made 26 trips to Thailand over 9 years with 17 tourist visas without return tickets.

Was held for several hours until I purchased a return ticket after 60 days.

Not sure this helps the OP

thanks bro. ill get an throwaway ticket. i think expedia offers full refundable tickets.

• Like 1

On two separate occasions this past year, I had only one-way tickets originating from Incheon, the staff at the check-in counter asked me if I had a return or onward ticket.  When I told them that I did not they had me sign a simple waiver that released the airlines of any responsibility for having to fly me back should I have any issues with Thai immigration, this was Jin Air.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jack6503 said:

no need for a return ticket with a visa, so 90 days later will be good

• Sad 1

Somewhat similar, at least three times I had open ended return ticket or different returns while arriving and getting a visa exempt on arrival.  No specific return date.  No issues or questions ever came up.  Other times I had a return ticket confirmed but then extended my stay 30 days at immigration and two other times by doing a border run.  Again, no questions, nobody looked at anything.  I changed my return only after I did the extensions or border runs because I only wanted to change the return when I was sure of my stay length