Thailand set to welcome 39 million tourists

webfact

Pattaya has many many more non-chinese, non-indian tourists visible during the last week or 2. 

Baht buses full in the evenings, malls more crowded, more people walking around in the afternoon and evenings.  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

39 million arrivals does not mean 39 million tourists. I have been out of the country three times this year and obviously come back again three times. I am not a tourist, but I have been counted three times, and i am not alone. You only need to visit any of the genuine tourist areas to see that tourism most definitely is not up.

But those same movements take place every year by a similar proportion of resident expats and tourists, that doesn't mean the forecast needs to be adjusted.

• Thanks 1

The number of 'arrivals' includes all visitors and workers from Malaysia, Laos, Myanmar and Camdobia (5.8mil so far this year) and just like some Expats, many of them come into Thailand several times each year.  

But the bigger number of 8.6mil visitors from 'ASEAN' is a lot more iffy - I didn't know ASEAN issued passports. Also very dubious when each country member of ASEAN has its own total number of 'visitors'. Anyone know that the ASEAN visitors means?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

• Like 2
  • Sad 1