Before: Pattaya never sleeps! After: Everyone in bed by 11 pm: Resort is dead say Thais

webfact

33 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

So if they built a wake park in Pattaya then a couple of hundred millennials would

rescue the town. By the way you can get a proper massage in Pattaya, good food and

sunsets are available. I can't defend the beaches and have no idea what standard of

hiking would be acceptable to your acquaintances.

When did you last visit Pattaya? I just googled vegan friendly restaurant Pattaya

and 25 plus entries appeared, many do seem to be Indian.

I must admit I do enjoy visiting Pattaya for a week or so, yes I like the bar scene but 

go with my wife (who isn't hi-so!!!) There is plenty to see and do if mongering isn't your

thing, but I like the chaos which contrasts wildly to the calm of rural Ubon.

There is a wakepark in Pattaya. A good one, but few want to visit it because it's in Pattaya. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

That's the important part, the poor locals trying to eke out a living.  

Pattayas problem is that even though tour buses abound, the old shop owners and bars are trying to eke out their living selling the same <deleted> they have been selling tourists for the last 20 years.  

Market is so oversaturated with thai trinkets and t-shirts. Bars have not refurbished for 20 years.

Many bar girls same, not "replaced" in 20 years with younger models...5555

Times have changed, and many vendors just will not or cannot face the fact and move on or change with it

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I know of a guy who got pulled over on his bike and everything was in order and the cop fined him for wearing a black helmet, Farang not allowed to wear black helmet

you sure ? that was an april fools joke in the local newspaper, along with connect 4 being banned. quite a long time ago, 10 yrs +. 

• Haha 2

On 11/29/2019 at 3:35 PM, kingofthemountain said:

The answer is yes

because honestly Pattaya doesn't have actualy a lot more to offer

I met my future ex-wife in Patty , now we live in Essan.

She not really bar girl type ....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Several people I spoke  with who used to run businesses in Thailand have now relocated to Vietnam. One woman had 3 restaurants in ko phanghan , the trouble hiring foreign staff to run her busines, lack of customers etc made it difficult. She is out of business. Another family from Italy , relocated their restaurant stating it is so much easier in Vietnam as they can actually work and run things themselves.hiring locally.

and not having to hire a migrant workforce from Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia etc. Both stated it was much easier in Vietnam. 

The vietnam government has recently relaxed their policy on foreign businesses , companies etc. 

People who are nvestors, or are employed by investors, can now have their visas changed without leaving the country.

family members also have this privilege .

things are changing for the better, not going backwards like Thailand has, making it very hard .

but I do hear pattaya , with the new Indian demographic is the go to place to get a great Indian curry!

enjoy!

???????? If I want a good curry I make it myself to be honest.

Pattaya is a 40/50 minute drive away and for me it consists of Foodland and a couple of other places to buy stuff for cooking.

Last time I saw beach road must have been 5 or 6 years ago and that was from inside the car.

We go to Vietnam every two or three months and most of the places we go to at night have families from all over Europe sitting have a meal etc, Pattaya I know only from what I read on here.

I can accept the fact that it's very likely the guys who told me it was more difficult now were maybe trying to run bars/places as they did previously in Thailand and that doesn't work there anymore.

Re' Thailand, does anyone really know where it's going??

Anyway, my Rogan Josh is fantastic ???? ask any of my two friends.

????????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

but I do hear pattaya , with the new Indian demographic is the go to place to get a great Indian curry!

enjoy!

Yes enjoy the diarrhea

most of the indian restaurants are empty 

hardly seen one or two customers inside

so the curry dish wait your visit since few months or more in the fridge

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, elliss said:

I met my future ex-wife in Patty , now we live in Essan.

She not really bar girl type ....

Nice

most of the people living in Pattaya are not in the bar scene 

so i am not surprised at all. But it wasn't the question.

The question was ''what Pattaya has actually to offer to the tourists?''

And you, you was in Pattaya for the temples or for the beaches?

i mean seriously....

Edited by kingofthemountain

7 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Nice

most of the people living in Pattaya are not in the bar scene 

so i am not surprised at all. But it wasn't the question.

The question was ''what Pattaya has actually to offer to the tourists?''

And you, you was in Pattaya for the temples or for the beaches?

i mean seriously....

The elephant sanctuary (may or may not be the ones hanging from the poles these days)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chivas said:

The acid test perhaps these days having accumulated massively high trip numbers is if you had a group of lads on their first trip apart from Go Gos where would you take them on their first night.

Memories of mine was the Best Friend complex with stunning girls absolutely screaming out (we were young as well then) maybe 15 girls a beer bar, 12 lovelies two average and a cashier. These days all but gone

Couldnt recommend Pattaya to anyone new these days sadly hence why I'm quitting with Vietnam and Philippines beckoning for better value. Pattaya is simply over.

Not IME. Was in my regular bar last night. Heaving, couldn't get a seat. Girls as you described. Real party atmosphere, owner buying drinks and had a lock in for at least 2 hours after the bar had officially closed.

My mate, here on holiday, met a girl in there last night, fell in love and will probably take her to Phuket on Monday.

Reports of Pattaya's death are greatly exaggerated!

4 minutes ago, Chivas said:

lol perhaps you're one of these "managers" in Soi 6 who claim all is well 24/7 whilst desperately seeking more monies at 12% to prop up the departees.

If you're not I apologise.

What I can tell you without fear of contradiction is that if the start of the 90s were rated 10/10 then the end of this decade in 30 days rates 2/10 and frankly 1 of those 2 points stays because weather is great year around which I enjoy.

I have as many hits from Girls today as I did back then make no mistake as hardly aged at all (some say I look younger than back then) so I'm not talking through rose tinted glasses thinking of the past.

If you've been coming close to 30 years you'll understand what I'm saying

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I was only trying to say that pockets of the Pattaya of old are still out there and flourishing.......if you know where to look. ????

• Like 1