Military offers some explanations to Thanathorn's queries, mum on wealth of generals

rooster59

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

I was no fan of the corrupt Shins, just the other side of the coin. I am no fan of the junta either corrupt too. I am against corruption and that does not depend on who is in charge. I was in favor of a short coup before like previous ones. To get the Shins on their corruption and they did see the fake G2G deals. But now the army is doing the same (not same thing but are corrupt too and stayed in power too long). 

Future forward on the other hand seems to be a new party with fresh faces that is anti corruption. The owner really put his assets in a blind thrust so he could not profit from being in power. I like that kind of thinking a lot.

As I said I am against corruption. But the PTP is not the solution, I mean we got a drug minister here and a murderer MP in the PTP instead of attacking their own they protect their own (in both cases) and attack the crimes of the other side. I really dislike that as its just pure hypocrisy.  Future forward seems to be above that. I hope that they will keep going strong and bring change to this party. The old faces cannot (on both sides) fresh new faces are needed.

I agree with you I have lived here a long time and I do keep up with what goes on which I dont like to see but Thai people as you know in general just accept it, as the saying goes They Feather their own nest first

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I agree with you I have lived here a long time and I do keep up with what goes on which I dont like to see but Thai people as you know in general just accept it, as the saying goes They Feather their own nest first

Yes true, though I was on a holliday in Koh Lipe and they asked me if i liked the Thai PM (in a massage shop). I have been there a few years so they know i speak Thai and was with my parents. I know them too so that is how the question arise. So i answered politely "better not to discuss" in Thai. They had to laugh and agreed with me. Many Thais don't seem to like him. Sure there a lot that do if you look at the votes he got (not counting democrats and allies) its still impressive. 

Had a discussion with a lady from Singapore that lived here about corruption and seems both of us dont like it but don't see it going away soon (slowly it is) but its a mentality thing.