Democrats accuse Trump of abusing power, obstructing impeachment probe

webfact

8 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Wow, has Adam Schiff being spying on a member of congress (Nunes)?

Good lord!

No, it was presented as evidence to the committee by the telecommunications company.

Good lord.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

45 wasn't buff like that even in his youth. What's with the 45 cult of personality to promote such ridiculous imagery? 

Google “Ben Garrison” for lots more of this stuff (the cookie jar cartoon posted earlier) -- Garrison always draws a buffed-up, movie-star Trump, and I guess Trump fans eat it up. I’m sure future historians will look at these cartoons (and lots of other things) in trying to assess the weird cultism of our own time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I don’t care what others (or you) think about me ???? or they believe me or not. That was what it was. One more thing: I liked the graphic post. It says a lot.

It's extreme pro 45 propaganda which of course you're free to like a lot. Bye.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, smutcakes said:

am far from a Trump Lover, but i do get the sneaking feeling that all these ongoing impeachment process, moaning and groaning by the Democrats is not going to do them any favors come vote time.

Personally i would just prefer them to get on with trying to win votes, publicizing their policies on what and how they will go about being in power.

CNN for me is nearly unwatchable, they have literally been beating the same drum for 4 years, 24 hours a day. There is simply no news, no independence- literally all they, their panelists and guests do is whinge about this and that.

As a neutral, and i suspect many others it pushes me away from the Democrats rather than leading me to vote for them. (The fact that their nomination lineup is so uninspiring does not help either)

I would agrre-  Trump admitted that he did what the Dems said he did but he believes it was not wrong and most of his supporters also believe it was not wrong.

IMO, it was wrong and an abuse of power but for it to rise to an impeachable offense- there has to be a real consense amongst the American people that he mustbe removed.

There is no such consensus.  The Republican Congress is not seeking his Impeachment and there is no way the Senate will convict him.

As much as I dislike Trump and believe he is a horrible President- I want the impeachment investigation to end in a censure only.

Let the 2020 vote move forward . Either the Dems can defeat him or not.  IMO, if the impeachment moves forward and Trump is acquitted in the Senate- he will be re-elected.

14 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Dems have been accusing Trump of one thing or other for his entire presidency, and no doubt will continue to do so through his second term.  It's gotten to the point where now it's just white noise to all but the most rabid Dems.

If they devoted to same energy to policy development they'd be unbeatable, but apparently endless anger at losing is their preferred strategy.

Meanwhile, in the real world....

Link: Impeachment report finds 'stark evidence of misconduct'

"Withering in tone and rich with detail, the 300-page impeachment report released by the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday afternoon sharpened congressional Democrats’ case against President Trump, whom it charged with the “prioritization of his personal political benefit over the national interest.”

The report contains no articles of impeachment; those will be drafted by the House Judiciary Committee, which will hold its own hearing Wednesday. But the report clearly lays out the case against Trump, alleging he exerted improper pressure on Ukraine in seeking an investigation into his political rival, and that he subsequently attempted to obstruct the congressional investigation into that pressure campaign."

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

I would agrre-  Trump admitted that he did what the Dems said he did but he believes it was not wrong and most of his supporters also believe it was not wrong.

IMO, it was wrong and an abuse of power but for it to rise to an impeachable offense- there has to be a real consense amongst the American people that he mustbe removed.

There is no such consensus.  The Republican Congress is not seeking his Impeachment and there is no way the Senate will convict him.

As much as I dislike Trump and believe he is a horrible President- I want the impeachment investigation to end in a censure only.

Let the 2020 vote move forward . Either the Dems can defeat him or not.  IMO, if the impeachment moves forward and Trump is acquitted in the Senate- he will be re-elected.

most of the  America's know deleted about constitutional law

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, malibukid said:

Donny Boy your going down.  just save us some $$$ and do the honorable thing.  go back to doing what you are good at, like swindling some contractors.

Actually, he was caught so he sucks even at that. He should go back to declaring bankruptcy. He's done it six times already so I'm sure he'll get the hang of it in the end.

PS. Come to think of it there actually was one thing he succeeded in doing on the first try and that was running like a chicken when his country came calling and asked of him to do his duty, and when you think about it that's no mean feat considering his debilitating bone spur condition!

Edited by Becker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

there is zero chance of president trump being impeached.  it won't make it through the senate.  the republican's risk losing the presidency (meaning another candidate in 2020) if some of them rollover and make the impeachment happen in the senate.  they'd rather keep trump as their candidate for 2020 than turn it over to the democrats.

unfortunately facts and such don't really come into play in these political games.  it is all about keeping your party in control.  lies will be told millions of times in these efforts, and that is just during the period of one presidential election (and the lies will be told by both parties).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, buick said:

there is zero chance of president trump being impeached.  it won't make it through the senate.  the republican's risk losing the presidency (meaning another candidate in 2020) if some of them rollover and make the impeachment happen in the senate.  they'd rather keep trump as their candidate for 2020 than turn it over to the democrats.

unfortunately facts and such don't really come into play in these political games.  it is all about keeping your party in control.  lies will be told millions of times in these efforts, and that is just during the period of one presidential election (and the lies will be told by both parties).

You're incorrectly not separating impeachment in the house with conviction in the senate. Hint - - Bill Clinton was impeached and 45 probably will be as well. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Wow, has Adam Schiff being spying on a member of congress (Nunes)?

Good lord!

3 hours ago, Sujo said:

No, it was presented as evidence to the committee by the telecommunications company.

Good lord.

And also confirmed by Giuliani associate's lawyer.

Wait! Didn't Nunes state that he would sue CNN and the Daily beast for diffusing the lawyer's statement? ????

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/25/20982011/nunes-cnn-daily-beast-lawsuits-parnas-ukraine

Edited by candide
  • Like 1