Activist Thunberg completes intercontinental dash to Madrid climate summit

snoop1130

Let me contribute to this discussion by posting the findings of two Finnish researchers at Turku University on sunspot activity and cloud formation released this summer.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1907.00165.pdf

" During the last hundred years the temperature is increased about 0.1°C because of CO2. The human contribution was about 0.01°C."

So, since the industrial revolution humans are responsible for a temperature increase of 0.01 degrees on global average temperature. Now that's some food for thought for you climate alarmists out there!

That beeing said, fossil fuels do pollute our environment (as do most burning) which is a cause for serious concern but that is a separate matter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Debate about what, established science like the shape of the earth?

You're living in the past, time to look at the future, if not for yourself than for your children and grandchildren.

What did the dinosaurs do wrong...?

dinosaur.jpg.9e1fe649459fccc30ec20e249df68f06.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I think she has got peope thinking in a way that is contrary to her beliefs. She has highlighted the idiocy and hypocrisy of the eco extremists who are more destructive than climate change.  She has inspired people to challenge her so called science.  The cost of eco plans will be worse than adapting to climate change.

A lot of truth in that. I think governments around the world, who do accept the facts regarding climate change, are on board with your way of thinking (and mine). Action is required but not to the point of destroying civilisation as we know it. Renewable energy is a good example, we do need to move from relying on fossil fuels to renewable energy, not just because of the damage fossil fuels do to the planet but their supply will eventually be exhausted. I'm an advocate of nuclear energy, which releases virtually no CO2 into the atmosphere, and research into nuclear fusion, however Thunberg & co are totally opposed to this.

I certainly don't agree with Greta's vision for combating climate change but do thank her for stimulating the debate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

False equivalency, People are opposed to the exploitation of a child, especially one with a list of mental health issues. 

Your saying people hate Greta is like saying PETA hates circus animals.

No, the child exploitation is just the excuse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I may be wrong, but this Greta thing seems to be a well orchestrated campaign to create divide in the public opinion, like we need more troubles than what we have already.

Divide and conquer, same old, same old.

You maybe right, reminds me of a few union officials when I was a kid at work, they had nothing, would never have anything, but enjoyed playing with the establishment to satisfy their nothingness....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

You maybe right, reminds me of a few union officials when I was a kid at work, they had nothing, would never have anything, but enjoyed playing with the establishment to satisfy their nothingness....

Yep. And getting paid for that.

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

When i was not a lot older than her ,i remember having a picture of Che Guevara on my wall and thinking how wonderful he was ,and that Communism was the way forward ,yelling at some guy in London in his rolls royce "wait till the revolution" also being told that oil would run out in  a short while ,

then i got married had a child ,a mortgage and joined the real world . lucky for me i was not manipulated by rich parents and people with an agenda ,

No doubt you found out by his own admission he raped his family maid and in Cuba his role was as executioner, some hero! The Thunberg kid is a victim to be pitied, not hated as some seem to think she is

15 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

No doubt you found out by his own admission he raped his family maid and in Cuba his role was as executioner, some hero! The Thunberg kid is a victim to be pitied, not hated as some seem to think she is

McCarthyism is alive and well and living in Orton Road!

• Like 2