Activist Thunberg completes intercontinental dash to Madrid climate summit

snoop1130

This is why so many posters on this forum vociferously attack Greta Thunberg. I find it symptomatic of both Thai expats in general and particularly posters on this forum.

https://qz.com/1719873/greta-thunberg-comes-under-attack-from-misogynistic-men/

"Greta Thunberg obviously scares some men silly. The bullying of the teenager by conservative middle-aged men has taken on a grim, almost hysterical edge. And some of them are reaching deep into the misogynist’s playbook to divert focus from her message."

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to talk about Dominic Cummings, you can do that in another thread.

If, as you suggest, Greta's speeches are largely her own work, then someone should be telling her what to say, since so much of her outbursts are utter nonsense.

Around the year 2030, 10 years 252 days and 10 hours away from now, we will be in a position where we set off an irreversible chain reaction beyond human control, that will most likely lead to the end of our civilisation as we know it.

Nobody with any grasp of science would agree with that. If she were an adult, and not a troubled child, she would have been widely - and rightly - mocked for that piece of balderdash.

Not to mention all the teary stuff about "the house is on fire" and "stealing their future"; it's fine for a young girl, but not much of a serious contribution.

It's good theater, but bad science. But then again, the same applies to a great deal of the climate movement.

1 minute ago, RickBradford said:

If you want to talk about Dominic Cummings, you can do that in another thread.

If, as you suggest, Greta's speeches are largely her own work, then someone should be telling her what to say, since so much of her outbursts are utter nonsense.

Nobody with any grasp of science would agree with that. If she were an adult, and not a troubled child, she would have been widely - and rightly - mocked for that piece of balderdash.

Not to mention all the teary stuff about "the house is on fire" and "stealing their future"; it's fine for a young girl, but not much of a serious contribution.

It's good theater, but bad science. But then again, the same applies to a great deal of the climate movement.

Thanks for highlighting the point I made in my post #62. 555

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

This is why so many posters on this forum vociferously attack Greta Thunberg. I find it symptomatic of both Thai expats in general and particularly posters on this forum.

"Greta Thunberg obviously scares some men silly. The bullying of the teenager by conservative middle-aged men has taken on a grim, almost hysterical edge. And some of them are reaching deep into the misogynist’s playbook to divert focus from her message."

Total tosh............Please tell me how she got on in China and India....As "you" know she writes all her own stuff, I assume you have the answer.

Whilst you're at it, did she chastise Arnie about his garage full of gas guzzling rides when she gave the Tesla back...?

17 hours ago, oldhippy said:

We soixante-huitards scared the old generation shiitless, and certainly not only by evil rock music.

There have been so many scary things down the years:

Teddy boys

Beatles and Stones

Russia

Harold Wilson

Ice-age a'coming

Mad cow

The Argies

Acid rain

WMDs

China on the move

Radical Islam

Global warming

G5 frying our brains

Brexit 

We are all doomed. Only a matter of time.

18 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Don't worry, saying such things is normal at your age.

50 years ago the old people said the same about me.

Thats 'cuz 50 years ago you were saying the world would be covered in ice by the year 2000.

If you haven't noticed, it's not.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

There have been so many scary things down the years:

Teddy boys

Beatles and Stones

Russia

Harold Wilson

Ice-age a'coming

Mad cow

The Argies

Acid rain

WMDs

China on the move

Radical Islam

Global warming

G5 frying our brains

Brexit 

We are all doomed. Only a matter of time.

You forgot "Punk music"....????

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

One of the weakest climate change denier arguments I've ever heard. Well, at least Greta has got you thinking about it and talking about it. There's hope for you yet!

One of the best arguments  to raise taxes  easily  worldwide after all who is going to argue with "but its  to save the planet"

2 hours ago, fvw53 said:

At her age she is pumped up and guided by one her parents ...when does she go to school ...or will she go directly into politics?

Her father and mother are both actors and Marxist-Leninists who support ANTIFA.

Her German handler and trainer, Luisa Marie-Nuebauer, is a member of several far left communist organizations. Also a member and youth “ambassador” for George Soros backed “ONE” Foundation. 

It's heartening to see how many TV subscribers are clear-eyed about the 100% BS being churned out by the climate Extinction morons.  (In fact, it's a bit weird not having the voices of the usual knee-jerk supporters coming out to claim that the end of the world is established "science". )

It's scandalous that so many of our media outlets worldwide just accept this end-of-the-world garbage without any attempt to refute it.

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It is, to the extent that climate change is real and largely man made. As I said in my post, the science isn't settled on the exact mechanism or the difinitive solution. What is settled is that climate change is real and without intervention will cause major changes to the planet we live on in the not too distant future.

You don’t know anything about the history of the planet do you?

And you certainly know nothing about Paleoclimatology.

I find that true of all Global Warming/Climate Change/Climate Crisis/Climate Emergency/Climate Catastrophe Alarmists. 

It’s a far left Politico-Economic agenda. 

The whole climate part of it...is just a tool. 

6 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

All those words to simply parrot the claim the science is settled.

Science is never settled. The big guns behind the increasingly hysterical and hyperbolic climate change movement know this better than anyone.

That's why they have turned their unproven theory of anthropogenic global warming into a religion, preached by high priests of the IPCC, using a pigtailed little girl as their human shield.

Anyone who dares question the pronouncements of this politically-motivated arm of the UN is automatically branded a sceptic to be roasted at the stake of public opinion. Dissenters within the scientific community - thankfully still growing in number - can find themselves cast into the wilderness minus a livelihood.

One feels for them all. But one must sympathise most with little Asperger's sufferer Greta Thunberg, so ruthlessly exploited for an unworthy cause. Her adult "minders" deserve to be charged with child abuse.

19 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I can guarantee you a greater % of adults across the western world believed in a climate crisis before it became adopted and politicized by the left. I would say in the US it could have even dropped from 90% down back when it was universally accepted, to less than 50% now, straight along party lines. A tragedy really if it turns out there is any truth to this climate malarkey.

This pretty much nails it for me with regards to just about every “issue” that has been crammed down our throats.  Trying to have any conversation with a SJW follows a similar line.  

For example...this would be a typical conversation/confrontation with a SJW (feel free to change the words to accommodate whatever their favored issue is.

SJW:  You really should carpool instead of driving alone in a car.

Me: Umm...I don’t own a car.  I walk most places or take public transportation.

SJW:  YOU need to recycle more.

Me:  I already do.  I also never use plastic bags.

SJW: (getting more perturbed). Do you compost!?!?

Me:  If my condo provided a way to do so I certainly would.

SJW:  Well why don’t you get them to do something about it?

Me:  Such as?

SJW:  See.  I knew it.  You don’t care.

If said SJW was a woman, I would be branded a misogynist.  If it was a POC, I would be branded a racist.  It doesn’t matter what you say or do.  They just seem to be looking for a reason to hate everybody else while exalting themselves.

So...now...I just don’t care anymore and am reminded of the quote by Chuck Palahniuk...

“I wanted to destroy everything beautiful I’d never have. Burn the Amazon rain forests. Pump chlorofluorocarbons straight up to gobble the ozone. Open the dump valves on supertankers and uncap offshore oil wells. I wanted to kill all the fish I couldn’t afford to eat, and smother the French beaches I’d never see. I wanted the whole world to hit bottom. I really wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every endangered panda that wouldn’t screw to save its species and every whale and dolphin that gave up and ran itself aground. I wanted to burn the Louvre. I’d do the Elgin Marbles with a sledge-hammer and wipe my ass with the Mona Lisa. This is my world, now.”

Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

One of the best arguments  to raise taxes  easily  worldwide after all who is going to argue with "but its  to save the planet"

TV  double  posting again

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

as opposed to the  bullying of hardline  climate change lovers

It may be a conspiracy theory argument but based on no facts whatsoever.

Not a shred of evidence of bullying either.

They're just conspiracys that you want to believe.

11 minutes ago, Airalee said:

If said SJW was a woman, I would be branded a misogynist.  If it was a POC, I would be branded a racist.  It doesn’t matter what you say or do.  They just seem to be looking for a reason to hate everybody else while exalting themselves.

Why would you be speaking with such a person?

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why would you be speaking with such a person?

Sometimes, in group settings, they just seem to force themselves on you.  If you try to ignore them they continually badger you until they find something to hate you for.  Also...I lived for many years in a building full of SJWs in Hollywood.  It was impossible to avoid them.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't disagree with anything there. I'd rather have the supporters that you have outlined rather than Trumps supporters, the alt right and white supremacists.

At no time have I claimed that Greta is a “highly intelligent, gifted expert on the science of present day climate and on Paleoclimatology" and neither have I made that claim. Are you making that claim?

Yes, again the far left as opposed to the far right climate change deniers who have been sucked in by the petro chem giants, their supporters and so called paid scientists.

And it takes two seconds to see which side this rag sits on.  

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

What are Greta"s mental issues?

SHAME ON YOU !!!

Don't be so silly.

Her struggles with Asperger's Syndrome and related problems are public knowledge. She and her family have never attempted to hide her problems, in fact they seem to be proud of them.

Enough with the whiny faux outrage.

6 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not to the extent that it's currently changing. The science is clear that the climate change that we are now seeing is largely man made.

on contrary climate doesnt change much compared to historical fluctuations,

just look at various statistics going back more then 50 years

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Go back to the beggining of the industrial revolution. Clear and obvious uptick.

i have endless of graphs proving it was more changes before then now,

but my arms are trashed so ill just upload sparingly, its too painful and hard

wildfires.jpg

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: she has some mental/emotional issues

What are Greta"s mental issues?

SHAME ON YOU !!!

Appreciate your compassion, but facts are facts, however unpalatable they may be. Greta's long-standing mental/emotional problems are well documented, not least in a book written by her mother. 

She has been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and selective mutism.  

2 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i have endless of graphs proving it was more changes before then now,

but my arms are trashed so ill just upload sparingly, its too painful and hard

What has acreage burned in the US got to do with historical climate change? Nothing. Typical denyer, find a totally unrelated stat and try to fit it into your theory.

Archived