Sorry, But It's Time To Leave

PhonThong

10 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

I am a American and I don't know of ANY insurance (Tricare or Medicare) Where you don't pay a c0-pay or something if ill. And the co-pay's often are more than what you would pay in Thailand.  So your excuse of medical insurance is falling on deaf ears.

As for pollution. That is a real concern but easily gotten around by moving to an area which is less polluted.

I think your just looking for excuses to leave.....why not be real an just say "I want to go home!"

AN American.  

"I want to go home!"  is maybe your only option, but to others there are more than two countries in the world.

American, Thailand.........and guess what?   maybe the OP and/or I want to go to another country not called America or Thailand.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retiring in Thailand with lifetime savings of THB 800,000 only?

Why bother moving to exotic and beautiful third world country and live like a dog? You should live like a king.

Better stay in your own country.

Edited by BMW Overlander
  • Like 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

financially on a downward trend, with production down, unemployment up, farming down due to droughts, baht, way, way too high

You could probably say that about most countries nowadays. Vietnam is moving forward as is China although slightly less than in previous years. India is the next powerhouse in my book. 

If your sick of Thailand then I would look at Vietnam or Malaysia ( but outside KL ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Maybe the expats should all leave en masse at the same time and head for somewhere that appreciates our financial contribution to the local economy.  Any takers and/or suggestions?

No, but i can tell you that the rest of SEA is exactly the same, there's no greener grass. And don't come me with Vietnam, it's a corrupt communist shole even if people here deny that because cheaper.

Europe? Same <deleted>.

Georgia i like, Batumi and Tbilisi are nice. 1 year visa for everyone including ur thai wife/gf which allows working. They give you complementary Wine when you enter the country.

It's not as hot there but in the summer it's nice, Batumi is on the black sea. Tbilisi is Unesco world heritage so very historic without much construction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I thought he said he's going "home" to where his medical costs will be fully covered. Sounds like the UK, Australia or New Zealand to me

I am an Australian and we still pay for it as part of the Medicare rebate when doing our yearly Tax obligations - whilst I have been living in Pattaya for many years????????‍♂️????????????